Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 8:11am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Just found the site »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Just found the site
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Just found the site  (Read 249 times)
RyanH
New Board Newbie
USA 

Romans 10:9

Just found the site
« on: Mar 2nd, 2006, 8:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello

I'm Ryan. I'm 26. I've had cluster episodes for about 5 years now.

I had single headaches very rarely (about once every 6 months to a year) since I was 12. After I had head trauma when I was 19, they started coming in patches. Almost always in the winter. Lasting 1-3 months at a time. I'm enjoying an episode right now. Tongue  

I've tried a few medications, with minor success, and to complicate things even futher, the medication I can take is limited by 2 things. I have epilepsy, and a left-bundle-branch-block in the heart. The bundle branch block limits how much verapamil I can take. I've been on verapamil for about 2.5 years, but I've never been able to go over 360 mg per day without side effects.

I used imitrex nasal spray for releif, but it would work for 1-2 headaches, and then have no effect. I also used prednisone, and it worked great. But then it started to lose its effect, and my doctor didn't like how often I was taking it. So then I tried topamax. It kind of helped, but has side effects with my heart. I recently tried lithium, but I felt like crap all the time, and it didn't help.

I use oxygen as my primary comfort. It always works if I use it right as a CH begins. If not, I'm in bad shape. My headaches get me at work most of the time, sometimes at night. At the peak of the bad ones, I'll vomit. Then the pain will taper off.  

I've had a lot more hope with these headaches since I've became a Bible believer. I was feeling so helpless before. I'm also very blessed I have a wife that supports me and puts up with the stress of all this.

Well there's my long intro. Glad I found this site! Its been quite a help already!

IP Logged
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

Re: Just found the site
« Reply #1 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:37am »

Hi Ryan,  

Welcome home. Sorry you were driven to find us, but glad you did.  

There is tons of info here, and lots and lots of support.  

You are no longer alone in your fight!!

Dragnlance
IP Logged

Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:46am »

[quote author=RyanH link=board=knowya;num=1141348147;start=0#0 date=03/02/06 at 20:09:06]I've had a lot more hope with these headaches since I've became a Bible believer.quote]
whatever works!

Looks like you tried many things, but there is lots more here.  Read all you can and ask questions.

hope you feel better soon.

Rich
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #3 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:40am »

You are deffinately not alone and any time you need it hop in here and ask for help and someone will try there best to comfort you. God Bless and good luck.

Mike
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
pfunk

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 2:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Ryan, and welcome to the Family.  Sorry you had to come here for the pain.  But, let me assure you that you have come to the right place.  I'm fairly new to the joint (while not to CH) and this last cycle has been a real killer for me.  My advice would be to KEEP FIGHTING, listen  and read all you can on here.  And listen to the veterans, they really know this beast.  Stick around and one or all of us will help you win this battle.  Much luv and PFDs to you.

Pfunk
IP Logged
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 5th, 2006, 11:04am »

Hi Ryan,  so sorry you had to find us this way, but glad you did.  You'll find tons of support and information here. What you can't find, ask. We're all here to help each other.

I'm Jen, 20 years episodic, been on & off here for quite a few years. Stick around and you'll learn a lot and find strength in "the family".  Welcome home.  Smiley
IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
RyanH
New Board Newbie
USA 

Romans 10:9

« Reply #6 on: Mar 5th, 2006, 8:54pm »

thanks everyone for the welcome!  Smiley
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 6th, 2006, 6:08am »

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #8 on: Mar 10th, 2006, 2:25pm »

Hi Ryan,

I'm so sorry that you have ch. But I'm very happy that you've found your way here. You'll always find people who know exactly what you're dealing with right here.

Welcome!!! Smiley

Wishing you PF time,
Sanna Smiley
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 11th, 2006, 2:58am »

Welcome Ryan.  

Hang in there and remember we are here for each other.

PF wishes to you.

IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #10 on: Mar 11th, 2006, 1:40pm »

Hey Welcome aboard!,

I am sorry that you are one of us but I am glad that you found us!  Look around read there are some that spew more than thier share of $@&* but all in all it is just nice to know that you are never alone in this.  I went too many years not knowing living with noone understanding that this was no mear headache. Then this site saved my sanity!

Your Brother in Pain

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss