Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 5:50pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « So Glad I Finally Found You All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   So Glad I Finally Found You All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: So Glad I Finally Found You All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 293 times)
seccsij
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I will survive!

So Glad I Finally Found You All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Mar 13th, 2006, 5:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

[color=Purple][/color] WinkHi. I have suffered for 21 years now, since I was 15.  It has been a total nightmare and, of course, it's not over, is it?  It never will be!
Now that I am not suicidal anymore, I hope others can benefit from what I have learned.  I had to endure abuse, disbelief, scorn, alienation & ridicule to learn what I have.  Now, with Emotional Release Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, meditation, laughter, love and relaxation , I am having less frequent, less severe attacks.
* I can't work any more, indefinately!  
* I had to leave my children with their father and move 600kms away!  
* I have survived 9 suicide attempts!
*  Most people I know think I'm either crazy or lying or both!
I AM improving though.  
 I no longer believe that I deserve Clusters.  
I only suffer for around 5 weeks each year now instead of the 6 months of every year I suffered in my 20's.
I have discovered that the psychological, emotional, sexual, mental & physical abuse that I experienced during my childhood and 16 years of marriage, have significantly contributed to my auffering.   Roll Eyes

I am wondering now, how many other sufferers have been abused and are self- critical with low self-esteem?

I am feeling better for having found you all!  Now I don't feel so alone anymore!  Thnx laugh
IP Logged

CH cannot stop me from still being ME!!!!!!!!!Smiley)
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Re: So Glad I Finally Found You All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13th, 2006, 7:46pm »

And I am glad also. Welcome!  Sorry you had to find us, but glad that you did.  It looks as though you have had a particularly difficult time.  I would suggest that you read all that you can.  No one has reported any universal miracle cures, but oerhaps oneof the many regimens described here will work for you.  Prednisione tapers are my "current" weapon of choice despite the health risks associated with it.  I am consdering other approaches for next season.   Prednisone tapers have reduced my cycles to several weeks from 12 weeks.  I use O2 as an abortive and Verapamil as a preventive with 6mg of Melatonin to help with the sleeplessness brought on by the beast and the Prednisone.
Anyway, dig in, start reading and ask all the questions you want. There are lots of great folks here who know exactly what you are going through and will help in any way they can.  Hopefully your life with the beast will begin to improve from here forward now that you have found this place.
pf wishes
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13th, 2006, 8:06pm »

on Mar 13th, 2006, 5:47pm, seccsij wrote:

I no longer believe that I deserve Clusters.  

I am feeling better for having found you all!  Now I don't feel so alone anymore!  Thnx laugh

Hi Seccsij

I dont think anyone deserves Clusters.

Most here suffer from too much self esteem. Perhaps we can help.

Many here have suffered on a daily basis for 30 plus years and more..
We generally dont let other stuff bother our exquisite pains. We work, we play, yet we all have delays in our days.
Suicide attempts are heard of but rare due to CH. Why 9 tries? Is it CH that wont let you work?  
I myself only get 10-12 attacks a day but I also get at least 3-4 hours without pain in a deep dark cycle to live.

IP Logged

MJ
seccsij
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I will survive!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13th, 2006, 8:17pm »

laughThank You so much for you welcome. Please excuse the doom and gloom of my post b4.  I have been sitting here for 3 hours now, reliving CH history and marvelling at all I have learned and achieved.  A few years ago, I was so depressed, I could not escape the dark, even when PF.  Now, I have. To only suffer 5 weeks each year for 2 years is like a miracle after getting around 130 p/yr for 19 yrs.  I feel almost normal for the 1st time ever and I read everything I can find about us.  I too , hope to help others in some way, as you are helping me. Thank you both very much.  (no-one deserves CH but I THOUGHT I did for years and years because I felt I musn't be chasing my tail enough to help myself. silly, eh?) Tongue
IP Logged

LV
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12th, 2006, 4:37pm »

HI
Im Lv got a note from a fellow Aussie that you were looking for me re O2
Sorry if have not replied. Unfortunately dont get opportuntiy to look at the site much  
and could not find your message so am replying to you through this

with respect to liquid 02 - it did seem to help - but I was taking so much stuff with it -
I am not a chronic sufferer - I go through phases and then am lucky enough to have 2-3 year breaks

I got my liquid 02 from a health shop - I assume you can also order it over the net. I no longer have the details of the bottle that I had  

All the best and hope you get some relief
LV
IP Logged
seccsij
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I will survive!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:33pm »

Thanks for getting back to me LV.
Have tried O2 water (which tasted worse than my Nans' old black cough linctus!  haha) but it didn't work.

Because of CH.com, I am now taking Melatonin and yesterday had my first PFDAN in 6 weeks.  YAY!!!!
I hope their gone soon though because the pharmacist told me not to take the melatonin with my Lovan (anti-depressant) as both tabs may use the same enzyme in the liver to process and it could harm my liver.  (I drank alcohol every day of CH for 19 years with no liver damage showing on tests so I am TRYING this!

hope you and all here get PFDANs soon xJx
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss