Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 6:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « women? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   women?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: women?  (Read 280 times)
peep_nugget
New Board Newbie
Canada 

http://www.geoc ities.com/peep_ nugget/geekdog3 0jul0

peep_nugget  
WWW Email

women?
« on: Mar 13th, 2006, 6:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

is there a place specifically for women to talk about their CHs?

I only ask because i'm curious about the link between CHs and menstrual cycles (but maybe there are some fellas out there with some insight, too!).

thanks  

-leanne
IP Logged
LadyC
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: women?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2006, 9:56am »

Hi Leanne,
I am a woman who has had CH's for about 20 years. I was chronic for about the first five and have been episodic since. I have just finished a 6 year remission and have been in a cycle for the last two weeks. I have never experienced a connection between my menstrual cycle and my CH's. When I'm in remission I do get a mild migraine every month. To me, the remission and cycles of CH defy explanation.
Carol
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14th, 2006, 4:20pm »

J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2006 Jan 11  

Cluster headache in women - relation with menstruation, use of oral contraceptives, pregnancy and menopause.

van Vliet JA, Favier I, Helmerhorst FM, Haan J, Ferrari MD.

Medical Centre Haaglanden, Netherlands.

Abstract In contrast to migraine, little is known about the relationship between cluster headache and menstrual cycle, oral contraceptives, pregnancy and menopause. We performed a population-based questionnaire study among 224 female cluster headache patients, and studied the possible effect of hormonal influences on cluster headache attacks. For control data, a similar but adjusted questionnaire was sent to healthy volunteers and migraine patients. We found that menstruation, use of oral contraceptives, pregnancy and menopause had a much smaller influence on cluster headache attacks than in migraine. Cluster headache can, however, have a large impact on individual women, for example to refrain from having children.

PMID: 16407458  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
chiaspet
New Board Newbie
USA 

This is me with a CH!!!!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 9:58am »

I have had CH's for 20 years now, starting when I was 17. I just started my cycle of CH's with shadows three days ago. It just so happens that I am also on my period, but believe that is coincidental. I was CH free for two years and rarely even had a "regular" headache. I know there are connections between regular migraines and menstrual cycles, as for CH and menstrual cycles, I do not believe there is a connection.
Renee
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss