Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Newbie »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Newbie  (Read 242 times)
jesbri
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« on: Mar 16th, 2006, 1:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey everyone,

I found your sight today when I was looking up new info on clusters.  I have been a sufferer for almost 10 years now, I started right after my daugher was born.......and for 3 years in a row thought it was eye problems, until I was diagnosed, and told I was an oddball (my term  laugh) since I was 22 and female.   Spring is the worst time of year for me, but I have some in the fall too.  I vary on the medications I take, and all any of them do is lesson the pain; I've used Midrin, Toradol, Demerol, and Imitrex.....unfortunately I didnt' have any today, it caught me by surprise.

Needless to say, today informed me that spring is here. Undecided

Has anyone here had the aura when they get their headaches?  Huh This was a first for me today.  About 1/2 hour before it came on I had a rainbow crescent in my eyes (worse in my right eye), that turned into a black spot.  At first it was kinda cool, like looking through a kladiscope..........then the pain hit.  It took a little under 2 hours to lesson, and about 3 to go away entirely........it still amazes me one minute I am holding my left eye it hurts so bad, the next it's gone.

I've blabbed enough.  I hope to talk to you all soon.
Nicole
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16th, 2006, 1:34pm »

Welcome to our humble abode here! If you do have cluster headaches, the good news is you're not unique! That old school description of mostly men, taller then average, ruddy orange peeled skin, starts in 20's leaves when you're 40.....(sigh I wish).......have all been put to rest with the surveys on this site. You'll find lots of ladies here.

Take the cluster quiz, read the links on the left, especially the one on oxygen. It stops the headahces in their tracks for me, works for a lot of people, fairly cheap and no side affects. Glad you found us, if you find a med that works well for you please post and let us know!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16th, 2006, 5:52pm »

I don't have the aura, but I've read here in the past about it, so you're not the only one.

This is a great doc to know, it has all the info on meds. You did not mention Oxygen, I use it as my 1st line of defense:

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

I also take 9 mg of melatonin to help keep the night-time attacks at bay.  

PF wishes.
IP Logged
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16th, 2006, 8:54pm »

Hi Nicole
Welcome; you are in good company here, I have only been here for just over a year & what I have learned from these people I could not have learned in a life time.

Being a woman makes no difference this tricky little shit doesn't give a damn who it tackles, one of my sister inlaws has suffered for over 30 years with it.

If you can't find an answer to your questions from the links to the left just ask away here and some one will have an answer but remember we are not doctors so if in doubt please consult your Doc.

I don't get the aura but as Marlin has said others have reported they do.

For me o2 is the way to go to abort a hit I wish I had know about it years ago.

Kind Regards from Down Under
Barry
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2006, 8:59pm by Barry_T_Coles » IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17th, 2006, 8:05pm »

Hi and welcome to the family.

Please follow Marlinsfan's link.  It truly holds tremendous info regarding the latest treatments for us sufferers.  With Trex or Oxygen and a good preventative like Verapamil, you shouldn't need narcotics at all to find relief

Read, read read all you can, and know you can find support here 24/7.

Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 4:49am »

There is a lot to learn here concerning medication and alternative treatments but this site is great when it comes to support.

Welcome

IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 12:27am »

Welcome

And DO put 02 at the top of the list for your next doc visit . . . .helpful to copy pertinent data and take with you . . . don't leave his/her office without a script (requires 15 lpm regulator and non-rebreather mask for maximum effectiveness)

Be Safe,  PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss