Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 5:22am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Good to know I'm not crazy! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Good to know I'm not crazy!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Good to know I'm not crazy!  (Read 237 times)
BagpipeR
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Good to know I'm not crazy!
« on: Mar 20th, 2006, 10:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've had severe, red hot poker in the eye headaches for about two years now.  I never went to the doctor, because i was so afraid it was a brain tumor!  Wink   Glad to know i'm not the only one going through this.  Mine always start around 6-7pm, in the left eye, but don't generally wake me out of sleep (any one else get daytime ones?)  Thanks to anyone who reads this, and I hope everyone out there has a good sleep tonight.
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Good to know I'm not crazy!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 11:16pm »

It's quite possible you're still crazy, clusters don't preclude insanity.....just check out all of us!!  

In my late teens and early 20's I only had daytime headaches. It wasn't until I hit late 20's early 30's the beast would wake me out of a sound sleep. Usually within an hour or so of falling asleep.

Welcome to the board Mr. Bagpipe. Let us know what's working for you and what doesn't work, it's how we all keep learning. Pain free nites back atcha!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Skyhawk5
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 12:08am »

Welcome Bagpipe,
The pain of one Cluster Headache will make anyone a little different from what they were. Sometimes maybe a little crazy or scattered by the unbelievable pain.  

Reaserch this site completely to be as informed as you can.

PFDAN,  Skyhawk5
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 2:52am »

Welcome Bagpipe.

It is best to go and get CH confirmed if you have not done so already.  The reasons for this are that most medication needs to be prescribed and it is better to know and be treated correctly.

There are many available treatments, look on the left hand side of the board.

PF days to you.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 8:47am »

Hello and welcome to your new home. I agree with Jas and Gus. 1) GO SEE A DOC, but do some research to see who knows about headaches in your area.  
2) if you are a clusterhead, you are a confirmed lunatic.  Grin  

I get hits, day time, nite time, dinner time, lunch time, it doesnt matter. I get them all the time. I do seem to get more in the day time, but then I am up 18 hours most days, so it makes sense. My night time hits are usually 1 am and 3 am. since my alarm goes off at 4:30, my 5 am hit is when I am awake.  

Read all you can here as there is tons of info. See a doc, but take some of the info from this site with you, to help back up the info you already have about your condition.  
It is all about research, in order to help yourself.

Dragn
IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 1:33pm »

Hi bagpipe, and welcome to the funny farm.  You've found the right place if you have CH, but, as others have said - you need to get a proper diagnosis so that you can get on a med program that works for you.  All of us are different in our CH symptoms, hits, and medications we take.  We attempt to share that information with each other in the hopes that something we are doing might help someone else.  Above all, read up on all the links to the left of your screen, learn as much as you can about CH, and print out information on medications, 02 therapy and take them to your doctor with you.  

As to timing of hits, I'm primarily a day/evening hit person.  I'm episodic and will begin the day around 3:00 am with a hit, so my day just begins a little earlier than usual.  Typically, after around 11:00 pm, I don't get hit until that early morning wake up call, but I do have many hits throughout the day, typically around 2:00 and then my evening hours, like you, run from about 7:30 onward.

Again, arm yourself with as much knowledge as you can about CH, and take that info to your doc.  Stay in touch here, ask questions - the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Wishing you pain free days and nights.

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 8:29pm »

Welcome, Bagpipe
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 8:46pm »

Welcome.  Like Guiseppe said, you may still be crazy.  But at least now you have company.

Charlotte
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss