Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 8:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Woman with CH's »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Woman with CH's
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Woman with CH's  (Read 287 times)
SherriW
New Board Newbie
USA 

This headache Sucks!!!!

unme4evrcns@yahoo.com  
Email

Woman with CH's
« on: Mar 26th, 2006, 12:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

[color=Purple][/color] Hi  

My name is Sherri and I am a CH sufferer...I have suffered now for about 7 years... They started in Dec of 1999... and for the first 5 - 6 years I was chronic... I have now in the past year become episodic...Which I am so grateful for because I can get sleep..I get very upset because I have been to nuero's and I get the same answers... THIS IS A MANS HEADACHE not alot of woman suffer from this so I DONT THINK THIS IS WHAT U HAVE... well needless to say they tried me on diff meds and none worked.. so i just stopped trying to get help and dealt with the pain.. now that I am back in a cluster period... and so grateful to have found this site..I will now be trying to get help again.. and maybe this time someone will listen...But kinda funny tho... when the doctor told me this was a mans headache... my quick response was WELL MAYBE GOD INTENDED ME TO BE A MAN.. I just want the pain to go away.. I want to feel good again.. I want to be able to go to sleep without being scared..For who built this site u are SO Wonderful TY Grin
IP Logged

Sherri
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Woman with CH's
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26th, 2006, 3:49pm »

Print out some of the stats on the site and shove it up your doctor's..........nose!! While there are some very manly men on this site........(he says in a very deep voice).....it is not exclusively a mans head ache anymore. Please consider changing doctors if he's not open to reconsidering his diagnosis! If it walks like a cluster, quacks like a cluster and smells like a cluster......my suspicion is...it's a cluster. Welcome to the gang!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27th, 2006, 7:36am »

Medical literature has long recognized that the sex difference has narrowed--for unknown reasons. That your neuro holds to the old view suggests, as we have seen in many messages here, that all neurologists are not headache knowledgeable.  

If you have a choice, it would be useful to find someone who has experience and treats many headache patients: effectiveness is linked to experience.

Should you not have a choice, then being prepared to be assertive and present your doc with some of the medical literature which you can get here, is essential to good treatment.

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #3 on: Mar 27th, 2006, 9:42am »

on Mar 26th, 2006, 12:04pm, SherriW wrote:
They started in Dec of 1999...  

I get very upset because I have been to nuero's and I get the same answers... THIS IS A MANS HEADACHE not alot of woman suffer from this..  

I will now be trying to get help again.. and maybe this time someone will listen...

Back even in 1999 a lot of literature previously written did mention the "men affliction" thing.  A doctor who deals with clusters would be more current about not using that exclusion in diagnosis.    
  Chart your headaches for about two weeks or more before going in and show that to the doctor.  Date, time, intensity, preceding symptoms, medication taken (if any) and relief (if no meds prescribed, duration of pain).   A table like that would give a pretty good picture of what you are dealing with daily.

Good luck with new help.  
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2006, 9:44am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
SherriW
New Board Newbie
USA 

This headache Sucks!!!!

unme4evrcns@yahoo.com  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27th, 2006, 11:50am »

Thanks so much for the input .... I will be sure to go to the doctor armed with every bit of ammo I can this time... and I WILL not allow them to tell me I dont suffer because I know I do... You know I dont wish this pain on anyone... but If one doctor of Nuero... could experience just one time what we all do... maybe then they would understand... PF days and nights to all!!!!! Kiss
IP Logged

Sherri
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss