Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 6:00am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Not new but I'm back... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Not new but I'm back...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Not new but I'm back...  (Read 217 times)
cherylc
New Board Newbie
Canada 

4 baby girls

Not new but I'm back...
« on: Jun 28th, 2007, 12:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi.  I'm back.  I hate to admit it but  I am one of those people that only comes to this site when I am suffering.  Two years ago I was here and met some great supporters that helped me through a really bad cycle.  I was so greatful for their support and advice.  I finally got a prescription for oxygen and was able to cope through my cycles with no medications.  

Well I am back with some good news about my latest cluster busting efforts and hope that maybe I can "pay it forward" and offer some support to someone else.

CC
IP Logged
MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go Cubbies  / even though they suck

WWW Email

Re: Not new but I'm back...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28th, 2007, 12:20am »

Hi Cheryl,

Well were all ears.Whats the news? Roll Eyes

Dave
IP Logged
GrandPotentate
New Board Veteran
USA 

mmmmmmmmmm

« Reply #2 on: Jun 28th, 2007, 11:16pm »

Welcome back.  Too bad you're back.  

You're not the only slacker.  I had several years break (shadows, or a few baby cycles), and I visited only occasionally, and forgot my old name and password.  I moved to a new city, but the beast finally found me again.  The folks on this site have helped me before, and I guess I should also do more on the giving side of the equation.

Fill us in on how things are goin'

Jon
IP Logged

Jon
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 29th, 2007, 3:17pm »

I spent years as a lurker, I was convinced that thinking about the beast would bring on a cycle. Posting on the website was worse then thinking about it so when off cycle I stayed away. Now that danged Linda Howell has threatened bodily harm if I hide so I stick around off cycle too. So far posting HAS NOT started a cycle...........but I worry!

Hoping you're doing okay.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
cherylc
New Board Newbie
Canada 

4 baby girls

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29th, 2007, 9:27pm »

Smiley  Thanks guys...still doing good.  NO headaches!!!
I used to try and not think about the clusters when I didn't have them, I didn't even want to keep track of how long it had been since the last cycle.  I was afraid that worrying about getting them would bring them on!!  So I know what you mean about posting on here between cycles, I didn't want to think about the headaches at all.  But I found that this time I was prepared with O2 ready and the mushrooms and Vitamin C ready to make tea.  I think that I was calmer when they did come back because I was ready to fight them!

CC
IP Logged
GrandPotentate
New Board Veteran
USA 

mmmmmmmmmm

« Reply #5 on: Jun 29th, 2007, 9:42pm »

I've known some hypochondriacs and prescription drug abusers, and was also worried about that happening to me.  That was probably reinforced by doctors that were ignorant of this.  But then I got whacked with a 7 and it was pretty easy to convince myself that it wasn't imaginary not self induced.  Just something wired wrong.

I've stayed away from the conventions for similar reasons.  But I'm not much of a joiner anyway.  

Lets all enjoy the PF days when we get 'em.
IP Logged

Jon
GrandPotentate
New Board Veteran
USA 

mmmmmmmmmm

« Reply #6 on: Jun 29th, 2007, 9:46pm »

I've known some serious hypochondriacs and prescription drug abusers, and was also worried about that happening to me.  That was probably reinforced by doctors that were ignorant of this.  But then I got whacked with a 7 and it was pretty easy to convince myself that it wasn't imaginary, not self induced.  I also found a better doc.  I had to go through the doc-finding ordeal twice.  Just something wired wrong.

I've stayed away from the conventions for similar reasons.  But I'm not much of a joiner anyway.  

Lets all enjoy the PF days when we get 'em.  

Jon
IP Logged

Jon
Wayne
New Board Old Timer
South_Africa 

RedBull Rules!!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 3rd, 2007, 9:42am »

on Jun 28th, 2007, 12:05am, cherylc wrote:

Well I am back with some good news about my latest cluster busting efforts and hope that maybe I can "pay it forward" and offer some support to someone else.

CC

Hello Cheryl, I am absolutely itching to hear more details here. I'm new to the board and new to the concept of alternative treatments so at the moment I'm on an info gathering spree.

Cheers,

Wayne
IP Logged

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 3rd, 2007, 2:37pm »

Wayne,
Check out clusterbusters.com, reading there will have a lot of information your looking for regarding the alternatives.
all the best
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss