Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 6:33am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Just when you think it's gone..... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Just when you think it's gone.....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Just when you think it's gone.....  (Read 249 times)
Frosty
New Board Newbie
Australia 

No pain, no gain? Who ever said that...!!!!

Just when you think it's gone.....
« on: Jul 7th, 2007, 7:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

....it rears it's damn ugly head.
Hi all,

It's been a couple of years since I've been on the site - about the same as the break in CHs. During my break we had our first child (cute baby girl callec Scarlett Rose) and I was foolish enough to think CHs were a thing of the past.
Until midnight last night that is. I had the worst and longest attack of my life - three hours of non stop excrutiating pain where I was reduced to a ball crying on the floor begging it to stop and asking what the hell it wanted with me. (Makes tears come to my eyes now I'm re-telling this.) I so wanted to scream out and cry out loud but I had to force myself to hold back so I wouldn't wake young Scarlett. I'm praying she doesn't get these from me later in her life.
I've had CHs since I was about 20 (now some 18 years have gone since then) and not once have I had one as bad as this - it topped the scale.
I'm now dreading tonight...

Come Monday I'll get in touch with my neurologist and get stocked up on prednisolone to try and prevent them appearing - or lessen their effect anyway. I've never tried the O2 thing but after last night I reckon it's time to invest in a cylinder. Hell, if it doesn't work so what - at least I will have tried?

Thanks for listening (reading)  Smiley

Here's wishing we could be free of this.

P.S. Anyone in the Melbourne, Australia area? Just wanted to touch base on who your neurologist is and how/if you got your O2.
IP Logged
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

Re: Just when you think it's gone.....
« Reply #1 on: Jul 7th, 2007, 8:11pm »

Sorry you've found yourself in the grip of this thing once again.  Although it's returned, it sounds as if you're on top of what can be done to reduce its effects, and you're taking steps to do the right things.

Oxygen has been a lifesaver for many here, and I can't encourage you strongly enough to pursue oxygen therapy.  I'm sure others will be along to provide specific suggestions.  In the meantime, please know that you have a place where you can ask any questions you might have.  There are plenty of people here who will be happy to answer as best they can.

Don't be too concerned about passing this along to Scarlett Rose.  It happens, but it doesn't seem to happen very frequently.  I have a daughter who's now in her late teens, and although I've been a lifelong clusterhead, she shows no sign of it herself--for which I'm grateful.  If there's anything more delightful than a healthy and happy child, I don't know what it might be.  Enjoy her, and try not to worry.

Best wishes, and welcome,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 7th, 2007, 8:45pm »

Welcome Frosty:

So sorry the beast is after you again.  The worst hit in the middle of the night and trying to be quiet must have been horrible for you.  Sadly, many if not most of us can relate to that experience.  I extend a welcome to the family and will send prayer your way.  I also second every word of George's -- I have a nearly 20 year old son and 2 other children who have no sign of problems with headaches.

Wishing you PF days and nights,

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 7th, 2007, 9:27pm »

Hang in there Frosty!

before you get to see the doc, try with some melatonin for those night hits and maybe a benadryl will help.

It is always terrible to know that the beast is back.. Embarassed but you have to be ready to fight back and send her to her damn hole again.

be strong!!! we are here for you!!
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
GrandPotentate
New Board Veteran
USA 

mmmmmmmmmm

« Reply #4 on: Jul 7th, 2007, 10:37pm »

Welcome back.  Sorry you're back.  Like you, I had a break for several years.  I had done some lifestyle changes, and really thought / hoped that I had this knocked down to occasional 1's and 2's.  Them Wham!  I just wrapped up a classic cycle, so I'm back too.

Do give the oxygen a try.  For me, there was a noticeable drop in intensity and shorter duration of the hits.  Few side effects, if done properly.  May it help you, as well.

Keep up informed.  We'll be pulling for you.
IP Logged

Jon
ordinary_joe
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Jul 7th, 2007, 11:54pm »

I have had CH for 30 + years.... three children: two girls, 33, and  one son,17 years old.  NO signs of CH.  
Give Scarlett a kiss from this Yank.
I wish you a speedy cycle with PFDAN.
IP Logged

Joe

It's tough to pull up your socks when you are down, but, it's game time.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss