Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 7:57am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Tired »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Tired
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tired  (Read 317 times)
kyitb
New Board Veteran
USA 

Get 2 birds stoned at once ...

WWW Email

Tired
« on: Jul 13th, 2007, 1:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am knew to this site but, feel better already just knowing it exists.  It's been an ongoing battle for the past 3 years w/ no breaks other than the occasional day w/ only shadows.  Which i've grown to despise as much as the real ones.  Currently i've been unable to get more than an hour nap for the past 3 days.  I'm on no medication since I lost my job 4 months ago.  

I am currently trying to call in some favors and what not to get into see a good neurologist.  It's at a slow pace right now.  

Today I dealt thus far i've dealt w/ a 1.5 hour 8 KIP Scale headache that ended at 6am.  I laid done for an hour or so and was struck again about a 6 i'd say.  It's getting to the point where they all break me down emotionally.  It's tough to deal.  I'm glad I have a place I can vent.  Thanks!
IP Logged
michael
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

Re: Tired
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13th, 2007, 2:25pm »

Hi

Glad you found us. Welcome to your new family.

Tell us a bit more about your headaches. where it hurts, frequency and intensities.

You say you are not on medication at the moment, have you been in the past. Have you seen a doctor in the past.

I might sound nosy but the more you can tell us, the more we can help.

Alot of people here can abort a CH with an energy drink (red bull or any with caffeine AND taurene) by chugging it straight down at the first twing. Might be a quick fix for you till you can get proper help.

Pain free wishes

Mike
IP Logged
kyitb
New Board Veteran
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13th, 2007, 2:57pm »

My pain is on the left side of me head in hurts from the temple to my gums.  You can feel the artery or whatever pulsing.  Intensity.  They are excruciating,  I'm not good with descriptive words.  I cry, I moan, my hadns will fold up and my neck will twitch.  I can't sit still.  

I had been seeing a doctor.  Iwas on varapamil and lithium.  Neither did anything.  I don't drink anymore because I was told that would decrease the frequency it hasn't but, I still don't drink.  

I hope this doesn't come across as prudish but, I've played rugby and hockey all my life.  I've dealt with pain, one might say I enjoyed it in a minimal way.  This, however, is like nothing I could've even imagined existed.  It isn't pain it's close to torture.  Lack of sleep isn't helping my disposition today.  

I feel i'm gonna come off a little whiny here and I hope we all don't get off on the wrong foot.  I'll be a little less glum when I can finally go to sleep.  I just took a halcyon so it shouldn't be long now ...
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 13th, 2007, 3:10pm »

Helpful tool to guide your discussion when you see a doc:

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
kyitb
New Board Veteran
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 13th, 2007, 3:37pm »

Thanks for the info.  Much appreciated ...
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 13th, 2007, 5:55pm »

Try some non perscription stuff....caffeine...any type, coffee, energy drinks, mountian dew. Dont sip slug down 6 or 7 hundred milligrams worth. The quicker the better. One mountian dew is 280 mg. Melatonin helps alot of people with sleep. Halcion and other meds that make you drousy will only trigger the beast for the most part. Get to some 02, welders 02 will do you can inhale right out of the cylinder if you have to. Some EMTs and fire stations will give you 02 free..have to ask though.
You need 100% 02, so a cannula tube will not work...need a non rebreather mask and plug the open butterfly. 10 to 15 lpm.  Sometimes quick excercise will abort but only if you get if quick....you are right you need to get to the neurologist.
all the best
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 14th, 2007, 12:08am »

Hi Kyitb

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time.

Try ice on the neck, head and the cluster side as soon as you feel a hit coming. Wrap ice cubes in a wet towel or just grab a bag of frozen peas, it seems to help a lot with the pain. Feel the back or side of your neck to see if you get a "cluster lump" which is a swollen ganglion lump about the size of a walnut and is spongy and tender to touch. If you have one of those ( some do some dont ) putting the ice directly there can help a lot.  

Some Chers find cold or hot shower also help, you may need to experiment a bit there.

Can you get imitrex injection or at least some nasal spray? Verapamil and lithium are preventers but you need effective abortive too. Oxygen, imitrex, ergotamine and zyprexa seem to work best for most people.

Take care and let us know how you go.

Painfree wishes.

Annette
IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
kyitb
New Board Veteran
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 14th, 2007, 2:05am »

I was on imitrex, amerge, and an inhalant that started with a Z.  Can't recall the name.  Those cluster lumps you mentioned, i'm pretty sure I have them all over my back and neck.  I did manage to get 4 hours of sleep.  So i'm pretty stoked about that.  At this stage in the game I ddon't ask for any more than that.  Thanks everyone for taking an interest.
IP Logged
michael
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #8 on: Jul 14th, 2007, 8:01am »

Hi kyitb

You can whine as much as you like here. WE know what it feels like.

No matter how strong you are, A CH is bloody hard to cope with.

Please stay with us.

Mike
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2007, 8:02am by michael » IP Logged
kyitb
New Board Veteran
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 14th, 2007, 12:38pm »

So i tried the red-bull thing this morning.  I think it worked.  I only bought 2 and i chugged both.  I can't be sure now if that was a shadow or not though.  I got one about 2 hours later.

About those lumps or whatever.  Would a masseuse help or would it just be too much work because they'd keep coming back?  They are bothersome.  Nothing else is described as pain anymore, except my headaches ...
IP Logged
kyitb
New Board Veteran
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 14th, 2007, 12:46pm »

I lied I do have 1 other pain.  It's a curious one.  I have a pain in my right thigh area (i say are because it's not my muscle, it takes up my muscle and knee)  It feels much like an indian burn when it really hurts, hope someone knows what that is only way i can describe it.  When not in full pain mode it feels much like a pulled muscle, however i've been told it's not a pulled muscle and no one can see or feel any damage.  Which leads me to feel it's neurological.  Anyone else deal with this sort of pain?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss