Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 7:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New To Board »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New To Board
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New To Board  (Read 262 times)
dtoolman99
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

New To Board
« on: Jul 19th, 2007, 3:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello All,
I just found this board yesterday,all I can say is WOW!!!,what a find!
I'm a chronic CH sufferer for 3 1/2 years,with no treatment other than swallowing asprin like candy.I was finally diagnosed a week ago,Neuro started me on Topamax,although nothing abortive,,yet.I will be talking to him about some O2 at my next appointment.
I get some hard shadows,about 2 or 3 a day,then at night the beast attacks,,,kip9/10,sometimes I don't want to go to sleep,only to be awaken by the beast.Very few PFD,as a matter of fact I can't remember my last PFD.I don't even dream of drinking a beer anymore,one of my most severe triggers.Quality of life sucks.
My main supporter is my new bride,I feel for her as I think she is having a hard time getting the full grasp of a CH,I've shown her this site,so she can read the ton of info that is available,hopefully it'll help her a bit.
I belive my CH started due to trauma.I had a severe disc rupture at C6-C7,it compressed the spinal cord,had the disc removed and a fusion done,and now the Dr. say they can't see the spinal cord because of the metal plate.Anyways,my CH started within a month after the surgery,3 1/2 years ago Sad.
That's the skinny.
P.S.
Seems like a great group of peeps that really understand as to what's going on,no one did before I got here.Glad I found you.
IP Logged
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

Re: New To Board
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 3:39pm »

Welcome ToolMan,

I'm sorry you had to find us but I'm glad you are here.  Knowing you are not alone gave me a perspective that helped more than I would have thought.  There are loads of helpful folks around here that will line up to answer your questions.

READ READ READ  Education is our best defense against the beast.

Hope you find some relief soon.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 3:42pm »

Welcome to the board! Glad you've pointed the new bride our way. She can hang out in the supporters section where they trash us behind our backs for being the sniveling whining babies we are. A good supporter is worth her weight in gold, hang on to her with both hands!!!!

I'm with you when on cycle, I don't even think about alcohol for fear of getting hit! Do push for the oxygen. On cycle there is a tank leaning against my bed so i can roll over, turn the valve and start sucking in one move!!!! Foe me it'll abort in less then 10 minutes.  

So push mommy to the supporter board to hang out with them and please stick around, we love company!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 3:58pm »

Welcome aboard Toolman!!

I am glad you found us not so happy for the reasons but you are here and that is what counts!

Please check out O.U.C.H.-US  for more information and there is also a page you can print and take it with you to your next Doc appointment.
here is the link...

http://www.ouch-us.org/index.shtml

Please stay with us and tell us how you are doing ok?

Take care!

Rosy.

IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 10:54pm »

Here's another site for you.
Welcome
jb
http://www.calouch.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 11:58pm »

Hi Toolman
Welcome to the nut hut, sorry you have to be here but you are in good company.
Like the others have said push for the o2 it’s safe and very effective for most.
I’m chronic & when the beast decides to do the fandango on me it’s worse at night than any other time, one neat trick I learned from this board for the night time hits & trying to get some much needed ZZZs is to prop yourself up in bed with as many pillows as you can, I’ve found that I can reduce my night time hits by up to 50% by doing this, I don’t get much more sleep but I also don’t get up in the morning feeling like I’ve done 15 rounds with Cassias Clay.

Cheers
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Wayne
New Board Old Timer
South_Africa 

RedBull Rules!!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 5:14am »

Hi Toolman

The two most popular abortives here are O2 and Redbull with Imitrex running a close 3rd. O2 seems to work for most people although it does have the portability problem. Redbull is easily available and if you havent tried it yet I would really urge you too. Just chug one down as quick as you can at the first hint of a hit, if it works for you then you have found a saving grace. A lot of folk seem to regard this with a bit of suspicion cos it just seems too easy but I promise you it works for me 100% of the time.

Cheers,

Wayne
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2007, 5:15am by Wayne » IP Logged

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
dtoolman99
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 6:15am »

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and good advise,I'm going to pick up some Red Bull later today.Willing to try anything.
IP Logged
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 10:37am »

Welcome, Toolman...sort of.   Wink Also, for those shadows try frozen peas, corn, blueberries, or whatever you have in your freezer, on the side of your face that is affected. I prefer frozen sweet corn and save the blueberries for gin martinis.  Grin
Good Luck!
TomM
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss