Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 11:37pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « CHs AND Migraines »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   CHs AND Migraines
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CHs AND Migraines  (Read 282 times)
Job
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

CHs AND Migraines
« on: Aug 3rd, 2007, 8:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello, my name is Carl and I'm 18 years old. I have been plagued by both migraines and cluster headaches for as long as I can remember, and have been undergoing treatment for the last three years. I've been on Zomig, Amerge, Nadolol, Elavil, and Cafergot to name a few.
Finding relief has been an odyssey to say the least. The huge differences in treatments for migraines and CHs has made things extremely difficult. Very often I would have been on a drug that helps migraines, but aggravates CHs and vice versa.
However, things are getting better. While I am currently not on a successful treatment for my CHs, I have finally gotten my migraines under control after years of trial and error, which will hopefully make managing the beast much easier.

Still, a labyrinth lies ahead of me.
- Due to my history of asthma, croup, and other respiratory conditions, my doctor is wary of oxygen therapy.
- I have tried nasal sprays, but due to the horrible stuffiness of my nostrils during an episode they have failed to work well.
- No prophylactic treatment has worked as of yet.

I've been doing research and it sounds like Percocet could be worth a try. Imitrex also sounds like it has a good shot at working too.
If anyone has had the same situation, or any experience with treatments, I'd love to hear from you. I understand that what works for one person may not work for another, but any stories of success would be great to boost my spirits.

Thanks in advance. <panzerM3@gmail.com>

IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: CHs AND Migraines
« Reply #1 on: Aug 3rd, 2007, 9:06pm »

I have sent you an e-mail hon.   You are not alone in this we will see how we can help you.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
rolo65

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 3rd, 2007, 9:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Aug 3rd, 2007, 8:50pm, Job wrote:
I'm 18 years old. I have been plagued by both migraines and cluster headaches for as long as I can remember, and have been undergoing treatment for the last three years. I've been on Zomig, Amerge, Nadolol, Elavil, and Cafergot to name a few.
(Never Imitrex?)

The huge differences in treatments for migraines and CHs has made things extremely difficult. Very often I would have been on a drug that helps migraines, but aggravates CHs and vice versa.
(Most of the meds are the same!)

I've been doing research and it sounds like Percocet could be worth a try. Imitrex also sounds like it has a good shot at working too.

Well let’s see your 18 and I can remember back to when I was 3.

You’ve had migraine HA that long and never tried Imitrex?

Pain killers like Percocet won’t do anything for a cluster attack as far as I know.

Better get to a neurologist for some real options and an accurate diagnosis.

Rolo..

« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2007, 9:14pm by rolo65 » IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 3rd, 2007, 9:53pm »

Quote:
Well let’s see your 18 and I can remember back to when I was 3.  

You’ve had migraine HA that long and never tried Imitrex?  

WHAT ???????????

Do you have any idea of how many of us older folks who have sufferered for 20 or 30 years and not recieved good  care,  or meds,  or a diagnosis,  or anything????????????   Why should someone who is only 18   know the in's and outs of this? Why should he have had the experience we all do of researching this, finding a good Dr. with the right stuff to diagnosis correctly?

Sheesh....you have just raised my BP by a lot of points MR. Rolo   Undecided
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 3rd, 2007, 9:55pm »

Quote:
Pain killers like Percocet won’t do anything for a cluster attack

You ARE correct in this.   Wink
IP Logged

Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:31pm »

Welcome aboard Job!!

Sorry to hear you are in pain but you are not alone.

There is a lot of information on this site and also in OUCH-US.

Linda is already giving you info and you couldn't be in better hands  Smiley.

Glad you find us and we are here to help.

Pain free wishes for you!!

Rosy.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 4th, 2007, 11:07am »

http://www.headachedrugs.com/pdf/ha2006.pdf Dr. Robbins site. Then explore the entire site by deleting everything following. com/ and then hit enter.
======================================================================== =
Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss