Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 11:18am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Thanks to CH.com for being there...my first post »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Thanks to CH.com for being there...my first post
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thanks to CH.com for being there...my first post  (Read 390 times)
victoriawatson
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thanks to CH.com for being there...my first post
« on: Sep 3rd, 2007, 11:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I first found the website about 2 years ago, but this is my first post. Like most of you I am quite emotional about finding this site. It's such an amazing thing to know I'm not alone with the demon...Before finding this site I thought he chose only me to suffer at his hands.  

Lots of my friends have migraines or regular headaches, so they just can't imagine what dealing with CH is like.  

I swear sometimes I will just go out of my freaking mind with the cycles that seem to never end. The demon takes me to an unbearable crescendo of pain and suddenly leaves me abandoned lying on the floor somewhere. Many times I don't even remember how I got to the "somewhere." I just wander and thrash about seeking the magical place/temperature/light amount, etc. that will lessen the intensity of the pain.

I am in the most intense part of my cycle. It's been almost 2 months now and I'm at about 6 cycles a day. Yesterday was an 8 cycle day though and it left me really depressed today. I tried a new med yesterday that the doctor prescribed, Verapamil SA. 20 minutes after taking it I was hit with a huge attack. Anyone else had that experience with Verapamil?
IP Logged
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

Re: Thanks to CH.com for being there...my first po
« Reply #1 on: Sep 4th, 2007, 12:02am »

Welcome.....sorry you had to seek us out, but glad you found us.

Verap doesn't act fast enough to change anything in 20 minutes......it was just time for a hit. It's a God send for me......I hope it helps you as well.

Bill
IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go Cubbies  / even though they suck

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 4th, 2007, 12:09am »

on Sep 4th, 2007, 12:02am, Racer1_NC wrote:
Welcome.....sorry you had to seek us out, but glad you found us.

Verap doesn't act fast enough to change anything in 20 minutes......it was just time for a hit. It's a God send for me......I hope it helps you as well.

Bill

Like Bill I could not survive without it.Good luck.

Dave
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 4th, 2007, 7:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Vearpamil takes up to 14 days to become theraputic. Its a preventative not an abortive.

What dosage are you taking?
IP Logged
Wayne
New Board Old Timer
South_Africa 

RedBull Rules!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 4th, 2007, 12:25pm »

Hi Veronica

Welcome here, sorry you're having such a shabby time.

The Verapamil takes about two weeks to build up in your system and become effective. During that time Doctors sometimes prescribe a prednisone taper to break the cycle (and give you a break)

You need to get yourself something to abort the hits, Try chugging a can of Redbull when you feel one coming - don't laugh- it truly works and helps many people here. Alternatively you can ask your doc to prescribe oxygen which is also a winner for lots of folks here.

You can beat this so don't dispair, you're among friends now.

Cheers,

Wayne
IP Logged

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 4th, 2007, 5:43pm »

Hi Victoria, welcome back.

Verap does take awhile to get into your system so definitely try some of the abortives like Redbull, ice (one of the first things I grabbed!) That med does work hon, at least for some of us, just takes a while. After that, it knocked the beast down to a bearable level and shortened the cycle for me.  

You'll make it thru this and we're for support when you think you won't.

Hugs,
Jen
IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Mountain Biking Keeps Me Sane

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 4th, 2007, 6:36pm »

Hi Victoria. Welcome.

Barry
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2007, 6:19am by barry_sword » IP Logged

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005,

http://barrysword.blogspot.com

Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 4th, 2007, 9:25pm »

And if it doesn't work....don't get frustrated and give up! It takes a lot of work to find a combination of meds that works, a good prevent, a good abortive, it takes some trial and error but the quality of life improvement is so worth the work! Hang in there.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Batch
New Board Old Timer
USA 

FOX 2 - Check 6

Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 4th, 2007, 10:25pm »

Victoria/Vickie,

You've known all the way along this was the right place and we're glad you've finally decided to chime up.

I'm Pete Batcheller a.k.a. Batch and also your friendly O2 Pusher.  If you've not already done so, make an appointment with your doc and ask for an Rx for medical O2.  Make sure you ask for 7-15 liters/minute flow rate, and if that's not a problem with the doc, ask for a 15-25 liter/minute Rx.  

You'll find a Supplemental User's Guide on the OUCH website in yellow on the left or go to the following URL:

http://www.ouch-us.org/medications/oxygen/o2info.shtml

and drill down in the "O2 Information" link in green.  It has more current information on using O2 as a cluster headache abortive than anywhere on the Internet...

There's also a questions and feedback link that you can use to contact me.  If you do, I'll send you the latest version of the High Flow Rate O2 Therapy paper and procedures to abort cluster headaches.  Long time chronic cluster headache suffrerers who've used O2 for years are using  this new procedure and cutting their abort times in half.  Please drop me a line so we can help.

Take care and be assured that you are among the best friends and supporters you've ever met.

V/R, Batch
IP Logged

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, not any before nor after, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. Man has one virginity to lose in fighters, and if it is a lovely airplane he loses it to, there is where his heart will forever be.
victoriawatson
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Sep 11th, 2007, 10:27pm »

Hey everyone, I've heard that there is new research out there that Pure Oxygen causes significant and irreversible damage to brain cells. Has anyone read about this research?
IP Logged
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #10 on: Sep 11th, 2007, 10:33pm »

nop, never heard of it, but as usual, you take something to fix something and it will mess up something else...Every time, you stop breathing you also destroy brain cells...everytime you drink alcohol you destroy brain cells...All other meds mess up your heart, your liver, your stomache or your kidneys...I rather not have pain and a few less brain cells  Wink

Wishing you lots and lots of pain free time!!!

Rosy.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Ctech
New Board Junior
USA 

I love Beer 12pk - Buds#1!

« Reply #11 on: Sep 12th, 2007, 5:50pm »

I just started using 02 this cycle and it is great! I read the same info that you did about the brain cell damage but compared to the other “legal” treatments out there I will take my chances with the 02. Besides, I’m sure I have caused more damage to my brain over the years by banging by head into walls then the 02 will do. Wink

The 02 cut my pain time from 1 to 3 hours down to about 10 to 15 min. in most cases. I just hope it damages the beast along with the brain cells!

-Chris
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss