Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 2:54am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Another newbie here... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Another newbie here...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Another newbie here...  (Read 360 times)
red21625
New Board Newbie
England 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Another newbie here...
« on: Sep 13th, 2007, 1:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there,

A bit about me, I am a 39 year old female, living in England. I have been suffering from daily multiple  severe headaches for nearly 6 months with no relief when taking over the counter pain relief, having previously been someone who rarely suffered from any headaches.  They always affect the right side, and feels as though someone is trying to push my eye out.  I feel fine one minute and almost at the click of my fingers am in such agony and this happens 6 to 8 times a day.  I finally went to see my doctor a couple of months ago and  she was brilliant.  I described my headaches to her and she said they sound like cluster headaches, but to be on safe side she sent me for an MRI and CT scan first to rule out the possibility of something more sinister, telling me that it is more than likely cluster headaches and she can prescribe something to help, but wanted to see the scan results first.    

Thankfully CT and MRI came back normal and she again discussed cluster headaches and prescribed  Zomig and told me to see how I get on and then go and see her again in a couple of months. Unfortunately the Zomig did absolutely nothing and I couldn't possbily wait 2 months before seeing her again, I felt like I was going mad.  I have been back to doctors today, unfortunately couldn't see my own doctor, but the doctor I did see was brilliant.  I had envisaged having to go through the whole rigmarole of explaining again and him not knowing what he was talking about or even my trying to tell him his job.   He prescribed me imigran injections and I'm to see how I get on with them.    

It's great to have found a site where other people understand how I feel, and don't just look at you as if to say "What another headache, it can't be that bad surely."  

regards  

red
IP Logged
Ctech
New Board Junior
USA 

I love Beer 12pk - Buds#1!

Re: Another newbie here...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13th, 2007, 2:59pm »

Hi Red!

I am fairly new here also. I’m glad that you found a doctor that knows what cluster headaches are – it took me seven years to find one! I had to do my own research and diagnose myself before finding a doctor that was familiar with CH.

So far the only thing I am using for my CH is oxygen, and it works great - you should ask your doctor for a prescription. You can learn about how to use here at ch.com and also at http://www.ouch-us.org  

clusterheadaches.com is great and you will learn a lot here.

Good luck!

Chris.
IP Logged
Hitgirl
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13th, 2007, 4:53pm »

hi there Red and Chris,

I am also a newbie and Yes!, also very impressed with this site.  

I've luckily been CH and medication free for 3 days now. I had my first attack in 2 years Monday morning 3 o'clock. I am using xefo, it works great, but i have recently heard that it can cause heart attacks, so my sister(pharmasist) is looking into it for me, as xefo can be baught over the counter.  

I will give you guys feedback as soon as i get it.  

Good luck to both of you!

Luv!  

Hitgirl
IP Logged
MvT
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Computer Technician

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13th, 2007, 9:58pm »

on Sep 13th, 2007, 4:53pm, Hitgirl wrote:
hi there Red and Chris,

I am also a newbie and Yes!, also very impressed with this site.  

I've luckily been CH and medication free for 3 days now. I had my first attack in 2 years Monday morning 3 o'clock. I am using xefo, it works great, but i have recently heard that it can cause heart attacks, so my sister(pharmasist) is looking into it for me, as xefo can be baught over the counter.  

I will give you guys feedback as soon as i get it.  

Good luck to both of you!

Luv!  

Hitgirl

I did not see anything about it causing heart attacks but...

Quote:
Warning!
Kidney function should be monitored in the following groups of people while taking this medicine: those over 65 years of age, obese people, those with impaired kidney function, high blood pressure or heart failure, those with stressed kidney function as a result of significant blood loss or severe dehydration and those who are to undergo major surgery.  
People taking this medicine for longer than three months should have regular blood tests to monitor their blood count, kidney and liver functions.  
People with liver diseases should have their liver function monitored regularly while taking this medicine.  
Elderly people over 65 years of age should have their kidney and liver function monitored regularly while taking this medicine.  
People who are obese or who have high blood pressure should have their blood pressure monitored regularly while taking this medicine.  
This medicine should be taken before meals.  

Use with caution in
Blood clotting disorders  
Heart failure  
High blood pressure  
History of ulceration or bleeding in the stomach or intestines  
Liver disease  
Mild to moderately decreased kidney function  
Obesity  
People over 65 years of age

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/lifestyle/healthfitness/health_advice/netdoctor /archive/100004610.html
IP Logged

lorac
New Board Junior
USA 

Imagine

« Reply #4 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 8:04am »

Hey RED....

I'm also pretty new here. but not to CH  Try to get some o2....It is the best for some ....doesn't always work for all though but better than drugs.  I have gone to doctors who have actually pretended to know all about CH, to save face i guess. So your pretty lucky to have found one who really does right away.  I think most of us have been through many regiments of drugs that don't work, or do more harm. So read all you can here before you take too much junk....This group has helped me more than any other thing out there.
   Hang in there.      

Wishing you lots of pain free days!  Lorac
IP Logged
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 4:08pm »

Welcome HOME Red!!

Glad you found us. try to get your hands on Oxygen, it is the best stuff you can use.

Hope your cycle is a very short one.

Wishing you lots and lots of pain free time!!

Hugs

Rosy.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 15th, 2007, 8:24am »

For good local support and information make contact with:

http://www.ouchuk.org
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
red21625
New Board Newbie
England 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 7:42am »

Hi Everyone

Thanks to all of you for your support  Grin

I am gradually wading through what other people have written and trying to take it all in.  Will check out the other link that was suggested.  

regards

red
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 20th, 2007, 2:55pm »

HI Red
I'm not at home at the moment but when I am I'm frequently in Margate as my best friend lives there (I recently had a stay in hospital there too but I'm trying to forget about THAT LOL)
If you have any questions, if there is anything I can do or if you'd like to meet up next time I'm there which will be mid Oct then give me a shout and I'll do all I can to help
Hang in there, we'll help you find the answers
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss