Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 8:00am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Technically new...AGAIN »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Technically new...AGAIN
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Technically new...AGAIN  (Read 268 times)
justthe2ofus
New Board Newbie
USA 

Technically new...AGAIN
« on: Oct 2nd, 2007, 12:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I guess I am new...I posted here a few years ago but when I tried logging in, it said I didn't exist (does that mean the clusters don't either? plz say yes)...So I created a "new" me...

I'm a 30 yr old Cluster Head...had them for around 20 yrs. When I was younger, Mom would take me to doc, same ol run around, Sinus probs. etc...even had teeth pulled to see if over crowding was the problem...After years of MRI's and CT Scans, wasn't till about 5 yrs ago I found a doc who actually had a clue and diagnosed me. He said he only had treated one other case (a male patient which will come up again in my short story here). He is a GREAT doc, willing to help and learn, and he directed me here a few years back saying this was a great site fo info and support.

Well after 3 pf years, they have decided to come creeping back...I have a big family (wonderful hubby, 5 kids, 3 of my own 2 step) no time for these ha's of course...

My hubbies story...We met 2 yrs ago, about a year after I left a very non-supportive relationship of which these were "just a headache" and "the world doesn't stop just because you have a headache".  
I started dating this wonderful man I have now, and had not mentioned the ha disorder I have, figuring in time it will come up...Well, he started getting bad ha's a few mths into the relationship and as a few weeks passed I noticed the pattern...So I asked if he sees a doc for these, he said yes,he has been for years for Cluster headaches, I ask who the doc was, and to my surprise, the same doc i see...I said "you gotta be kiddin me" and we both found out the other was a clusterhead...What were the odds of that happening...After soooo many painful days/nights I prayed for just one person in my life to understand what I was going through...And my prayers were answered.  

So here we are now, he's coming off a cycle with several mild ha's hitting from day to day (he is on Verap, Pred. and Trex as needed), and I am starting a cycle (not on meds yet, trying to tough the first part out while I still can)...

Nice to meet you all, (under such crappy terms I know), but its great knowing your out there and I have somewhere to turn...

IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Technically new...AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2nd, 2007, 1:09pm »

Unfreaking believable! Shocked We've had people meet on the site and marry.....but to stumble accross, date and marry another CH!!!! That is beyond cool.  Grin

Congrats on your good fortune!!!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 2nd, 2007, 2:44pm »

cheers to love and welcome to the family
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 2nd, 2007, 4:50pm »

Wow--what are the odds?

I've had episodic CH for around forty years, and I've yet to meet another clusterhead.  I expect that will change one of these days.   Grin

Welcome back.  To both of you.

Best wishes,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 3rd, 2007, 11:10am »

Welcome back to the clusterfamily! Smiley

I'm so glad that you've had a PF time in the past and I'm sorry that other cycle brought you here. It's wonderful that you and your husband have supporters in each other! Smiley That's incredible story.

PF days,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss