Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 7:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new victim in first cycle »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   new victim in first cycle
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new victim in first cycle  (Read 1619 times)
ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

Re: new victim in first cycle
« Reply #25 on: Oct 26th, 2007, 10:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Welcome, Woody!

So.... I've read all the postings in this thread and have a question for you:  Does the O2 seem to be working for you? I'm just curious, as I like hearing about people finding something that works!!  

Best of luck to ya!
Adam
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #26 on: Oct 26th, 2007, 1:17pm »

on Oct 26th, 2007, 12:41am, woodeye? wrote:

Funny I just put clear packing tape over the holes before I read your post.  

Another creative clusterhead!  I love it.  Good luck Woody and let us know if the O2 is working.  We can help you refine your technique if its not.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
woodeye?
New Board Newbie
USA 

CH PWNS ME!

« Reply #27 on: Oct 26th, 2007, 6:09pm »

I haven't had a chance to try it yet cause I can't get the right mask.

I am confused now because all I've read is non-rebreather with valves on each side, correct?

John with Lincare basically is now upset with me now and we all but got into an argument over the masks.  He told me that he could not order a non-rebreather with valves on both sides.  He said that the regular breathing masks work fine for CH sufferers and I know I offended him. sigh!

I guess I will see if it works or not.
IP Logged

...there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me...
ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Oct 27th, 2007, 6:30am »

Don't let the mask thing get to you, Woody. Stuff like that happens to us all the time.  
   Just go ahead and use the one you have. I was told too that they couldn't get me one. They said only EMT's use the "full" nonrebreather masks with valves on both side. My solution: Duct tape!! It really doesn't need to have valves on both sides. As long as it has one, you'll be fine. However, if there's a hole on the other side, cover it up and let the single valve do it's work. No need to hit the Lincare guy over something like that!  laugh

Let us know how it works for you!

Adam
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

"Life is a series of goodbyes and hellos" Billy J.

Worldshots2003   FarmerGJill
WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 5:27am »

on Oct 24th, 2007, 10:42pm, woodeye? wrote:
I watched the video on clusterbusters.com with the guy in the hotel room named Chuck.  That scares me.  Is that common?  Is this what a 10 is like or maybe he has no tolerance to pain.

Hi Woodeye,

I am sorry that I am so late in posting on this thread - I just read what you wrote and wanted to respond.

When we get hit hard, we tend to react in a major way, some say that we are dramatic but then those people. My hits always rank on the high end of the KIP scale, no less than an eight.  

Anyways, the video of Chuck's attack was tame to me. I tend to pace, rock, moan, throw things, slam my head into any hard - some might say that that is extreme and it might just be me that reacts so harshly. It has nothing to do with pain threshold, more of trying to deal with the attacks as they come.  

I have never understood how people can sit and focus on oxygen or something like. I cannot do that for the life of me but maybe the difference is the level of the attack. Undecided

Anyways, I just wanted to write and tell my end of things. And I am in no way diminishing anyone else's pain or saying that mine is worse... I promise.

I hope that your headaches slow down and that the oxygen works for you.

Jill
IP Logged

"If you learn from your suffering and really come to understand the lesson you were taught you might be able to help someone else who is now in the phase. Maybe that is what its all about after all.."
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss