Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 9:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « similar headaches »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   similar headaches
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: similar headaches  (Read 471 times)
octobermay
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

similar headaches
« on: Oct 17th, 2007, 2:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi,   I was wondering, since i havent been officially diagnosed and am waiting for my neuro aprt, could anyone tell me what kinds of headaches are similar to CH.  I have read on many posts that there are over 600 headache types and that symptoms do overlap and wanted to read about other ones so i that if he says its not CH, then i will know about others.  if it would be helpful for me to post what i wrote in my headache diary, then i can - just ask and i will.

I do understand that this site is for support and not for diagnosis.

Thank you.
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: similar headaches
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17th, 2007, 2:27pm »

Oh this site is great for a suggested diagnosis, just not one you'd wanna take to the bank!!!  Wink I've seen many types of headaches written about on the board but with my senior mind I can never remmeber all of the names.  

The best possible tool you can give your neuro is your head ache diary. The diagnosis for head aches tends to be in the details, so the more detailed you can be in your diary, the better shot you'll have  at an accurate diagnosis.  

While you're waiting for your neuro appointment, try some of the remedies for CH when you get an attack. If powering down coffee or energy drinks helps you to abort an attack, that's information that will be valuable to your neuro. Hang in there and do let us know what the neuro says!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
GrandPotentate
New Board Veteran
USA 

mmmmmmmmmm

Re: similar headaches
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18th, 2007, 9:43pm »

I started chasing down links and found all sorts of things that didn't sound like my symptoms.  There are a lot of folks dealing with a lot of other things out there.  It gave me a headache (the regular kind) reading all that stuff.  I'm glad I found a doc who not only reads all that crap, but has convinced me that he understands some of it!

I've been on and off this site for several years, and have read quite bit.  I don't recall anyone writing about having the very specific (and unusual) symptoms of CH attributed to anything else.  But perhaps those folks don't visit this site, eh?  If you do find something else, please don't forget to drop us a note.

The diary is a good plan.  Track all your good days,your bad days.  If these are something else, a pattern may emerge.

I hope the visit goes well.  Keep in touch!
IP Logged

Jon
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss