Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 5:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Intro »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Intro
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Intro  (Read 625 times)
neiselee
New Board Newbie
USA 

I want my own reality TV show

neiselee   deniselee0543
WWW Email

New Intro
« on: Oct 28th, 2007, 3:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there, my name is Denise, I'm 27 and I was diagnosed after the birth of my son when I was 24. Mine are chronic but are basically kept under relative control with Topamax which is like my miracle drug. I still get them but that has worked wonders. Of course with the weather changes though that's when I get the severe cycles that seem to get worse every time.
IP Logged
Shedz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

OUCH UK MEMBER

Email

Re: New Intro
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 3:47pm »

Hello Denise, shame you had to come looking for us, but you found the best place to be  Grin

Paul.
IP Logged

I push my fingers into my eyes, It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache, But it's made of all the things I have to take, Jesus it never ends it just works its way inside, If the pain goes on, I AM gonna make it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xps7AM8HbjE
neiselee
New Board Newbie
USA 

neiselee   deniselee0543
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 4:06pm »

Thank you, I'm just glad that I've found a group of people that understand what it's like. As much as my loved ones care about me, I really don't think they understand. My fiance jokes that one of my personalities is bipolar and he loves us all LOL.
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 29th, 2007, 10:56pm »

This will start to sound like a recording on the board... Grin  but have you tried oxygen as an abortive? After almost 30 years of battling these damned things it's still my primary abortive. I've been lucky and lithium still works really well for me as a prevent, I'm episodic, oxygen is my first line abort with imitrex jabs for when all else fails.

Welcome to the board, sorry you hurt but so happy you found this place. When you get a chance, get your significant other to check out the supporter section. My wife and others like to hang out there and bitch about what a pain in the butt we all are! It's a great place for the supporters to get support and just vent!!!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go Cubbies  / even though they suck

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 12:16am »

Neiselee welcome,

Listen to Guiseppi,he is one of the experts when it comes to O2 on this site. For many this is one of the best abortives out there. Also try energy drinks Monster,Red Bull anything with the combination of Taurine and Caffeine in it,at the first sign of being hit slam 1 or 2 of them down as fast as you can. For me they work about 90% of the time. Also you  haven't mentioned any prevents,are you taking any besides Topamax,what I mean is have you tried anything without such strong side effects. Don't get me wrong I'm no doctor but it just seems thats kind of a strong drug to start with. I hate to fix whats not broke,and maybe you don't have side effects from Topamax,but I figured I would mention it,maybe you could ask your doctor.Well anyway good luck.

Dave
IP Logged
lorac
New Board Junior
USA 

Imagine

« Reply #5 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 8:16am »

Hi Denise:

Glad you found this place.  Must be hard for you with a 3 year old and all....sounds like you got a good man to help ya though ....

Keep reading here, these people are the best.  I just found it this year, and I have learned sooo much. Also some of the characters here will supply you with a good laugh from time to time, and we all need that now and then Grin     Hang in there!       LORAC
IP Logged
neiselee
New Board Newbie
USA 

neiselee   deniselee0543
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 8:43pm »

Yeah Mr_Floor I actually did try some other preventative's first. First I tried Depakote which made my hair fall out, Trileptal that didn't really help at all and then the Topomax, at first I did have some side effect problems with the Topomax and that was why I went to the Trileptal but then when the Trileptal didn't help and I went back to the Topomax I was then on the Wellbutrin and the two seem to balance each other out and I don't seem to have too many problems side effect wise. I did talk to one of our new physicians today though and she thinks I would maybe benefit more from Tegretol but she wanted to do some reading when she got home tonight because she has read on the subject of CH but has never had an actual case. She also feels that 02 would be the best abortive so she would like to try a different preventive and then refer me to a university neurologist that she feels would be more versed in the subject then she is.
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 11:28pm »

Read the link on the left on oxygen and print out the info to take to your doctor. You will find you have to be your own advocate on this as doctors are far more willing to prescribe addictive narcotics then something as safe abd effective as oxygen. Good luck to you with the new doc!!!!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss