Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 6:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 'Ello! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   'Ello!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 'Ello!  (Read 613 times)
Spartan1128
New Board Newbie
USA 

Wolf Knight

spartan1128  

Re: 'Ello!
« Reply #25 on: Nov 12th, 2007, 9:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok thanks for the answers!

Oh yes... I know I'm more than fortunant to have her... not only as a friend but a little more Smiley We're a bit more... serious... than most kids our age. But at any rate, she's great!
IP Logged

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
Spartan1128
New Board Newbie
USA 

Wolf Knight

spartan1128  

« Reply #26 on: Nov 12th, 2007, 9:48am »

Oh here's another question. Does looking at a computer screen trigger/make CH worse? I've read that for most people there isn't much if anything that actually triggers them... But it just begs to ask Wink
IP Logged

Raikana
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #27 on: Nov 12th, 2007, 9:51am »

I've thought of another question, too...

Spartan works at his family's quail farm. Would that be any cause for headaches?

I don't think so. If it were, he'd get them in the Summer when he does most of his work. Not the winter. And it would have become evident a LOT sooner. But... I just had to ask.
IP Logged
sldrswyfe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Member of O.U.C.H.

« Reply #28 on: Nov 12th, 2007, 10:14am »

Welcome Spartan.

You are at the best place possible for a diagnosis of CH. By finding this site you have saved yourself a long, long(and frustrating) journey many of us have made through trial and error for years.  I didn't get here unitil I had already tried every possible treatment for CH.

Still...I learn so much here.  Just by reading other's questons...and experiences.

Until yesterday, I didn't understand that when drinking Red Bull, it has to be guzzled down at the first twinges of a hit.

I have only once tried a Red Bull..and was just drinking it slowlly...therefore it wasn't effective...I thought, "Ok, this tastes like alka seltzer with a tart citrus(?) flavor..it's doing nothing for my pain", etc.

My point is there is so much you will find out by reading here...please, read, read and read.  Don't stop trying until you find YOUR effective treatment.  Best of Luck, Sherri
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always found violent
opposition from the mediocrities." -Einstein

"I'll DIE on MY FEET, before I LIVE on MY KNEES"...thanks Jonny...that meant alot

"Oh, say does that star spangled banner yet wave?"....Your damn right it does.
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #29 on: Nov 12th, 2007, 10:17am »

So glad y'all found us!  Never heard of quail farming being a trigger-but I know that if I do alot of physical stuff involving my neck muscles it makes things worse.  Since your cycles aren't lined up with the quail thing, I doubt that's it.  
1.  keep a headaches diary/log.
2. Print everything you can from the OUCH website about CH symptoms, treatments, medications.  I have a binder with CH info in it.
3. Take the above with you to your doctor.
4. Take Raikana with you as well.
5. Best practices: transitional medication (such as prednisone taper), preventative meds (such as verapamil), and abortive (oxygen high flow non-rebreather mask, or imitrex).

Hang in there and keep the faith.  CH will not kill you, but it is the most excruciating pain known.  
Personally I hope you don't have them, but if you do you are in the right place.

Prayers for you both,
PFDAN y'all
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #30 on: Nov 12th, 2007, 11:39am »

Hi Spartan!  I'm happy to see you found your way here.  Welcome home son  Grin

That Megan of yours is pretty amazing.  We exchanged a few posts on the supporter board.  So I was relived to see you finally register with us yourself.

The most important thing you can do (besides grabing a few Red Bulls like Adam said) is to get your Doctors to listen, read and refer you to a Neurologist that can properly diagnosis and deal with CH.  They've wasted enough of your time already from the sounds of it.

Anyway, I am episodic.  Have had clusters for 12 years.  They come twice a year in the late winter/early spring and at the end of the summer.  So they are very much seasonal for me.

I am a software engineer and spend a lot of time "deep thinking" and on the computer.  Both can trigger a CH when I'm in cycle.  I find that stopping what I'm doing every 20-30 minutes or so and walking around really helps.  If I spend a couple of hours looking at the screen concentrating on an algorithm or debugging a problem I can get hammered.

-Dennis-

edited because I can't spell
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2007, 11:40am by DennisM1045 » IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Nov 12th, 2007, 2:08pm »

Oh hells bloody bells, as the mother of a kid with CH this thread has made me cry. I hate seeing kids go through this. Jasper is a lot younger than you but I hope when he is bigger he has as good a friend as Raikana is to you Spartan. Raikana my hat is off to you, I just hope my daughter grows up with attributes like yours too (((HUG)))

IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Spartan1128
New Board Newbie
USA 

Wolf Knight

spartan1128  

« Reply #32 on: Nov 12th, 2007, 9:13pm »

*sigh* It's so troubling that those still young have to go through such pain... I too hope your son will find someone as wonderful as Raikana... It makes all the difference in the world.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss