Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 5:31pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « It's Back --- Sniff »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   It's Back --- Sniff
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: It's Back --- Sniff  (Read 1778 times)
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: It's Back --- Sniff
« Reply #25 on: Nov 16th, 2007, 12:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Quote:
a Brain Anurisum (SP???).  You know one that recures every so often, sticks around till you can stand it no longer, then vanishes as suddenly as it came.  To be forgotten until the next time.  

What?  A brain anurism is a potenially deadly thing.  I'm certain you were just using the wrong word, or referrring to something else.   Right?

Also, I have never heard that changing from lager beer to Lite beer, changing from Bombay Gin to generic type for example makes one teeny bit of  difference in triggering more pain for us.  

Alcohol is alcohol.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Annie
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

Re: It's Back --- Sniff
« Reply #26 on: Nov 27th, 2007, 4:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sorry I took so long to get back to everyone.  I've been corresponding with several fellow members privately.

I just want to say to everyone that joining this group was the best thing I ever did.  The information I have obtained and the support I've received is more than I could have ever dreamed of.  I'm kicking myself for coming here in the past years, reading, suffering, and not joining.  Anyone else out there who might be lurking and suffering should join and join now.  It makes a world of difference, it really does.

I've been misdiagnosed so many times and each time I believed it.  I've been to eye doctors with 20/20 vision, I've gone to the ciropractor because I pulled so many muscles and wrenched my shoulder and neck because of the nightly pain I went through, and the contorsions I put myself though trying to fight it, .... they believed that my back was causing the headaches.  I was told I had migranes and given meds only to find they worked only on the times I had short CHs but when I had long lasting CH it didn't work, in fact they never worked, the CH just ended sooner, so I gave up on them.

I felt hopeless, tired, and gave up to the fact that I would just have to live though this and just suffer, since it would eventually go away, just as it always did.  Finally after another attack I went online to find out about migranes, and found out I don't have any symtoms of a migrane at all, not even one.  I was surprised to find out that I hit the nail on the head for ever one of the symtoms for CH's.  I had told the doctors my symtoms at the time but its as if they didn't know what I was talking about, its a migrane, why don't they have test like they have available on the internet, it just doesn't make sense.

What makes me lucky is also why I've never really been able to get a correct diagnosis of CH.  I don't have long running episodes so I do consider myself lucky after reading about the chronic suffers on this site; my heart goes out to you.  I also get long breaks 1- 1 1/2 years between the end and the start of the next, so I just drop going to the doctors and go back to my life.  Once the pain is gone it is so easy to put it behind you.

I realise now that I have to become more proactive and see it though this time even if the pain goes away.  It isn't going to go away for ever... it will be back again.  I just hate doctors and going though all the tests.  Years ago I was finally diagnosed with panic disorder, I also had to go though test to make sure that nothing physical was going on in my body.  My panic disorder was much like these headaches; struck out of the blue, years apart and for no apparent reason.  Interestingly, the panic attacks seems to have stopped back in 1997 and the Clusterheadaches (which I'm possitive they are) started in 1998 or 1999, I'm wondering if there is any link.  

I went to the doctor last Monday asking for the 02, he looked at me as if I was a fool.  He said he didn't know anything about 02 and headaches.  I told him I was now taking melatonin which seems to be working, he told me that he didn't know anything about that either and that I shouldn't take any more than what it perscriped.  I also told him about the drinks with Taurine (SP) and caffiene (I like Monster Java).  He told me to watch out that that is what might be causing my headaches and to lay off of them and coffee too.  See what I am having to deal with here in a small town.  He did give me a perscription for ferinol (sp) a pain pill.  Maybe I can use it for my sore shoulder, but as of now I haven't even bothered to get it filled, doubt if I will waste my money.

On the brighter side, I managed to meet a fellow member of this group, what a great guy, he's chronic, he lives just 5 minutes away from me, and I was able to learn about the 02 and how to use it and talk about CHs.  Now if I can just get my hands on a tank before this esposide ends I could let you know if it works for me, but I really doubt that will happen this time around.  

I haven't had a hit at night for the past week, although today I'm having lots of shadows or pings and twangs as I like to call them.  I feel (or am very hopeful) that it is on the way out after only a month... that is good news.  If only I could be possitive.

I want to thank you again for giving me such great advice.  I also want you to keep on me and make sure I go to the doctor this time around, I don't want to be caught with my pants down (no O2) again when next time it seeks me out and decides to crush me into the ground.  I want to be prepared; I want to be armed an dangerous. LOL

XOXOXO
Annie
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss