Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 9:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What am I? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What am I?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What am I?  (Read 499 times)
talitim

Email

What am I?
« on: Nov 18th, 2007, 10:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello my name is well we'll just call me talitim for now.

and Im an  
just kidding
I was diagnosed with cluster headaches at the V.A. medical center in November 06, I have been out of the Army since 2003. I have had these headaches since 2000.

My first was during P.T. we were doing side straddle hops and without warning or anything I was on my knees holding my head. I tried to get back up and ignore the pain and I thought I could and tried one more and then fell before I could even get off the ground. I had to be carried to the treatment facility where they said it was just a fluke and they gave me Percs to ease the pain. It worked for the first couple of days until my body stopped being put to sleep from the narcodics and then the pain was back. The pain was always there I just didn't care.  
The group of headaches lasted about 4 days, and always struck about 0620 hrs. and lasted for about 2 and 1/2 hours. after that was over I did not suffer again until November of 2006. when it hit this time, They didn't know what to tell me. They diagnosed me with cluster headaches, but said some of my symptoms didn't add up.  
such as traveling pain. turn my head and the pain moves, but the pain is such that I cannot even walk. I cry, moan, scream whatever there is no relief.
That headache last year lasted 2 days straight with only around 20- thirty min in between attacks. I was hospitalized and they took some pics and found nothing.
They said the headache was most like a migraine, but had the intensity and timing of a cluster.
This since then I have had around 7 cluster headaches, but never at the same time. not typical or not cluster? Thanks
talitim. beer[img]

I almost forgot to add, I have tried, different over the counter meds, and nothing works, docs have me on Zomig, but I don't think it works, what I mean is I take the first then I have to wait two hours before I take the second and usually by that time it is over.  
Had shots that worked, but usually have to be carted home and when I wake up the next morning, LOOK OUT!
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2007, 10:48pm by talitim » IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: What am I?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18th, 2007, 10:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

WEll they're right, very few of your symptoms and descriptions match up to cluster headaches, specially the 2 days straight. The only redeeming factor of clusters is they rarely go much past 90  minutes.

Best advice to you is start keeping a very detailed headache log! The diagnosis is always in the details. Hoping you get a decent diagnosis soon, any kind of untreated headache pain sucks. Good luck!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
talitim

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 19th, 2007, 9:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

ok I will.
I woke last night with a headache probably a 7 on the kipp scale. I went in and grabbed a zomig, and the intensity stopped after about 20 min.

I have been reading online, and have found others like me in my area who suffer from atypical cluster headaches. Someone has suggested oxygen therapy, Im not sure.  

I called my doc at 0800 this morning, and will be recieving another call from neurology. more pictures YAY  

well thanks for the information.
Blessings.
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19th, 2007, 10:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If you can get your neuro to prescribe you oxygen, go for it. The nice thing about oxygen is it has no side effects so you have nothing to lose by trying it. If it proves effective for a lot of your headaches, that'll go a long way towards diagnosing part of your problem. We have several on the board who suffer from the "atypical" headaches and others who are cursed with combinations of migrains and CH. How the hell you get a clear diagnosis on something like that is beyond me!!!!!

But do stay up with the diary, if you have a combo type my guess is the diary would be your best chance of an accurate diagnosis! Keep us posted and good luck with the neuro.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss