Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 9:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Update and thank you »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Update and thank you
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Update and thank you  (Read 547 times)
Artimus
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Update and thank you
« on: Nov 19th, 2007, 11:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, I just got up from a nap...

I had my appointment with the neurologist today.  A very personable middle-aged Pakistani man with a very pleasant disposition.

After discussing my symptoms and possibilities, running through my CT scans, MRIs, bloodwork, yada yada, we had a long talk (I think this is the longest "consult" that I've ever had), he officially diagnosed me with CH.

So, the bad news is is that I have CH.  The good news is is that I have CH.  Allow me to explain.  I've been reading a lot about what people on this website have gone through, and I don't know if I'd be as brave as many of you to go through 10, 20, 30 or more years not knowing the source of my pain.  I am really fortunate to have met a doctor that, from out of nowhere, was able to diagnose me off the cuff with CH.  Even moreso, I was very lucky to be able to find this website and meet up with great people and receive wonderful support and information from my very first bout.

My Neurologist prescribed me Verapamil as well as O2~ Yay...!  No more Morphine~!

Hopefully, this combination will work well for me~  I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things, and especially shaking this doped-up feeling.

Thank you thank you thank you everyone for the wonderful advice, warm welcome and providing me with the feeling and knowledge that I am not alone.  Hopefully, in time, I can make great friends here and share my ups (and downs) in the future.

I look forward to meeting many of you, and wish you all PFDAN (yay, I think this is my first acronym)~

Warmest regards,

Drew
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2007, 11:58pm by Artimus » IP Logged
tessistired
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

tesslovescoffee   tesslovesthecafe
Email

Re: Update and thank you
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 12:15am »

Hey there Drew!  My name is Tess and I am still kinda new to the site.  Glad you have a successful appt today and good job on the accronym...lol.  

As you already know you are in a good spot here on this site being a fellow clusterhead but I am sorry you have to be here.    
I have made so many great friends in the short time I have been here and I am sure you will too in addition to learn sooooo much.

I dont know if you have been connected with the link to ch.com chat room but here it...

www.clusterheadaches.com/chat

check in there whenever you can to see when people are in...you never know when people will be there to chat with...its really cool, good place.

Keep everyone informed and updated like you are doing.  Everyone is here to help.  I will be praying for your PFDAN!

TESS
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 7:19am »

Awesome news dude, we're trying to spread the word so more people like you can get the right diagnosis the first time around. If you haven't already done so, be sure and read Pete's oxygen link on the left. Used incorrectly it's almost worthless, used correctly it's damned near a miracle drug for me!!!

You sound like someone who'll be a welcome addition to the board, by all means stay in touch with us!!!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Artimus
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 10:05am »

Thank you all...

I already got Pete's Oxygen file, and yes, I must say that he did do his homework on the matter.

Thank you again for the welcome, and I look forward to sharing lots of laughs and good times with many of you in the future~!

Regards,
Drew
IP Logged
ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 9:10pm »

I'm glad to hear you got the correct diagnosis, too! Makes you feel a little better just knowing, doesn't it?

Looking forward to getting to know you! Keeping in touch with one another is one of the best ways to keep our CH in check! You never know when someone's going to find something new that can help us all!

Best wishes,
Adam
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss