Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 12:52am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hiya »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hiya
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hiya  (Read 6338 times)
Bitototty
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

bitototty   bitototty

Hiya
« on: Dec 18th, 2007, 7:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Smiley I'm so pleased to have come across this website for CH sufferers, I've been suffering now for 11 years and I started a new cycle on the 30th Nov so I'm 3 weeks into it and came looking for any kind of relief or advice i can find.
Unfortunately my doctor doesnt seem to have a clue what I go through so i intend to show him this website, he laughed when I asked him if i could try oxygen treatment, but I'm sick of putting imigran injections into my leg and feeling like a smack head. I'd much rather have a more natural remedy.
I dont think much research is being done in the U.K for CH I wish it was 'cos I'd be up there at the front of the queue willing to try anything they had to offer.  
I'm dreading Christmas I'm a single mum and I'm praying that I dont get an attack which will ruin the whole day for my daughter...  
I get imigran injections on prescription, but he'll only prescribe 2 at a time so i find myself saving them for times when I really have to go out that day to pay the bills or buy food. My doctor seems to think I will misuse them if he prescribed more, and i can assure you this is not the case as I asked about the oxygen and got laughed at.
So I find myself saving an injection for Christmas day just in case... then I might be able to spend a few hours playing with my daughter and her new toys.  
It's not fair is it??? I'd love to know what I did that made me deserve these headaches.  Huh
IP Logged
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

Re: Hiya
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 8:06pm »

on Dec 18th, 2007, 7:36pm, Bitototty wrote:
It's not fair is it??? I'd love to know what I did that made me deserve these headaches.  Huh

Welcome....

Rest assured you did nothing to deserve or bring on CH. There are quite a few Brits here and I'm sure one will be along that can advise you in navigating the British healthcare system. I will say that if your Doc laughs at O2, you need to find another Doctor...like right now.  

Bill
IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 10:35pm »

on Dec 18th, 2007, 8:06pm, Racer1_NC wrote:
I will say that if your Doc laughs at O2, you need to find another Doctor...like right now.

Or, like yesterday.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 10:40pm »

I'm with Bill on this one.  You didn't do anything.  Get a new Doctor that you can work with.   I'm sure some of the folks from OUCH-UK will be along with more regional info for you.

In the meantime, welcome!  

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss