Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 6:43pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I introduce myself »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I introduce myself
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I introduce myself  (Read 1116 times)
tony-PA
New Board Newbie
Italy 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I introduce myself
« on: Dec 26th, 2007, 10:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, my name is tony, now I live in Italy (sicily) after a long staying in NY (1971/1993). It's a while I read you and I'm member of Ouch-italia.
First of all: forgive me my english; I used to speak it fluently, but since I moved back to Italy (  Cry my biggest mistake ) have not too many chances to practice it, so the result is evident.
I suffer from clusters since 1995; at beginning I noticed that as soon I had my usual wodka my head, right eye, dental arch exploded. After a useless strolling to dentist, othorinos, oculists etc... (you know well), I went to a neurologist and knew the diagnosis: at least I stopped feel a martian.
My first clusters lasted 30/40 days with only 1 attack a day (8.00 pm exact) end of march once a year. Each attach was cut off with imigran vial.  After the 4th cluster I had an unexpected cluster in october and noticed that they started to last little longer than usual. I supposed  that the injections could have their negative role in this change and start to limit imigran for the kip 9/10 cases.  
Actually I'm in remission since feb.28.06 (only a single unexspected attack last July 23) , take verapamil (400mg/d) for a while when feel some signal, to return to my maintenace dose of 120mg/d that take anyway.
Wishing all of you happy new year, hope some day we'll kill the beast. ciao
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: I introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 10:15am »

Welcome to the board Tony, sounds like you were lucky fairly early with a diagnosis and a treatment plan that worked! The only thing I would suggest is to get hooked up with a doctor in Italy so you'll be ready when they come back. It seems they ALWAYS  come back! Wink

And have you tried oxygen yet? Is it available in Italy for home use? I have been able to almost completely eliminate my imitrex use by using oxygen. Read the oxygen link on the left and talk with your doc about it. It's been a miracle fix for many on the board!

I'm a 3rd generation transplant from Italy.......welcome Paisono!!!!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
tony-PA
New Board Newbie
Italy 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 1:58pm »

ciao giuseppe, I have used O2 for the last clusters. Only couple of times I used imitrex for very bad attacks and usually I use half dose. In italy there is only the 6mg available.
No problem to get O2 in Italy . Hope will not need it, but I always keep a big bottle just in case.  
Also I drink a lot of water.
Thank you, ciaooooo   Wink
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 10:41pm »

Welcome Tony.  Don't worry about your English.  We have put up with Riccardo and a few others from OUCH Italia for a long time.   Wink   (I'm joking)  

Your English is a lot better than any of our Italian.

Quote:
Actually I'm in remission since feb.28.06

good for you.  May that  continue indefinetly.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss