Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 4:37am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sensitive Head? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sensitive Head?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sensitive Head?  (Read 6819 times)
BlueMeanie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Sensitive Head?
« Reply #25 on: Dec 16th, 2005, 8:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yesiree. Very sensitive scalp. The temple area gets kinda numb too.
IP Logged
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #26 on: Dec 16th, 2005, 9:09pm »

Oh yes, sore Undecided
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2005, 9:09pm by broomhilda » IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 2:49am »

Hey Mel----I hope that you are feeling better ! I could have had my first pain free week of nights in 9 weeks---but I resorted to stupidity and ate a Klondike Bar--and whamo I had the normal reaction..........So now I am eating Rabbit food and not drinking and no chocolate. My son is graduating from CIA in April and tonight I am going with my family to one of their restaurants. I'll be having a very nice bottle ( vintage 2005) of water.
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
Phil L
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 9:26pm »

Yep, me too. The only advantage to getting a tad older
is that there is less hair to zing and more scalp for the frozen peas.
IP Logged

When I get up in the morning and have to look down to see the grass
I know it's going to be a great day.
cardogman

Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 10:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yes I know what you are going through because I have right at this very moment the same exact symptoms. Pain on my forhead in the location of my left eybrow, on or around the temple area of my head and a burning type sensitive to touch farther up on the left side of my head. I am going to post a question but let me tell you  that I have all sorts of weird things in my life but this tops the cake.
IP Logged
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

« Reply #30 on: Dec 18th, 2005, 6:58pm »

Yep I get that too.. always thought of it like a prickly cold burning sensation - if that makes sense.  You could just about draw a line down the centre of my face - left side fine right side arghhhh.  Temple often feels swollen and sore too.

Melissa hope you get some relief soon.

Kate

IP Logged
cardogman

Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 9:01pm »

It's called Neuralgia. I too have the sensitive head and temple and orbital bone syndrome. I went to get a haircut the other day and kept flinching everytime the guy put the comb through it.

Interesting feature about the sensitive head thing. If I scratch it hard it almost feels good. Weird huh.

This is absolutely the most bizarre thing I think I have ever had this cluster thing.

God must be punishing me for being an not a very nice person. I must have done something wrong because this malady tops the cake. As I have said before I am doomed and I think we all are.

Burt

IP Logged
cardogman

Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 9:04pm »

Interesting I used a bad word in the last post and it was instantly changed to " not a nice Person " I wish the CH went away like that.
Burt
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 10:09pm »

I always thought it was from my clusters Undecided

Thanks for the info.

Sean.............................

Trigeminal Neuralgia  

Trigeminal Neuralgia is known to be a painful disorder of the cranial nerves. Trigeminal Neuralgia is also referred to as tic douloureux. The affected nerves are responsible for sensing touch, temperature and pressure in the facial area from the jaw to the forehead. Trigeminal Neuralgia generally causes epdisodes of excruciating pain that last between one and two minutes. There can be a variety of ways that the pain can be described as itchy, burning, stabbing, and sharp. In Atypical Neuralgia the pain can also present as severe or merely aching and lasts for extended periods. The pain of Neuralgia is known to be one the most excruciating forms of known pain. Simple stimuli such as eating, talking, washing the face, or any light touch or sensation can trigger the pain. In some cases the sensation of a gentle breeze can be enough to trigger an attack. The attacks may occur in clusters or as an isolated attack. Some patients will have a muscle spasm which led to the original term "tic douloureux" with tic meaning spasm and douloureux meaning painful in French. Neuralgia is considered a form of chronic pain and the duration can be unpredictable. Since there is no clear consensus on the cause, and it may begin at any age it can be extremely difficult to diagnose. Patients usually show no physical abnormalities, and with the attacks generally lasting a very short time, it is nearly impossible to reach a doctor before the attack is over. Post Herpetic Neuralgia is the easiest to diagnose because it follows an obvious cause (Shingles). Insider Tip: Medication for seizures has shown promise in managing Neuralgia and some people have found relief with surgery, though not always permanent relief. There is no known way to prevent Neuralgia.

IP Logged
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #34 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 11:27pm »

I posted about this about a year ago, even saw a doctor, who did a test of some kind to see if it was what I had self-diagnosed myself as having -- Giant cell arteritis, or temporal arteritis (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/giant-cell-arteritis/DS00440) -- because it can apparently cause blindness. I don't know how thorough the test was, but I am not blind yet.

Feels like a bruise. I get it all the time (like now), even between episodes, all over the top of my head.
IP Logged

Pam

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!
cardogman

Email

« Reply #35 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 11:29pm »

Actually this is not Trigeminal Neuralgia. TN is a completely different problem not associated with Cluster Syndrome. You can have a neuralgia in many parts of the body. This plain old Neuralgia that is an aftermath of the Headache.
IP Logged
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #36 on: Dec 25th, 2005, 12:06am »

on Dec 24th, 2005, 11:29pm, cardogman wrote:
Actually this is not Trigeminal Neuralgia. TN is a completely different problem not associated with Cluster Syndrome. You can have a neuralgia in many parts of the body. This plain old Neuralgia that is an aftermath of the Headache.

I don't have plain old neuralgia, because I have it off and on all the time, whether in episode or not, and not necessarily where the CH was.  

I don't know if what I have is Giant Cell Arteritis, either, although the symptoms are the same. But I still think it's related somehow to CH, since so many of us have that bruised feeling.
IP Logged

Pam

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!
cardogman

Email

« Reply #37 on: Dec 25th, 2005, 10:44am »

Just about anyone looking for a diagnosos should have a Sedimentation rate that rules out Temporal Arteritis if the sed rate is negative. That is a defining blood test for temporal arteritis. Use to be a practicing R.N so I am familiar with all of these things.  

So if your sed rate is negative you don't have temporal arteritis . The symptoms are different anyway.

Surgery cures temporal arteritis with a simple vascular graft. Seen it done a number of times in the O.R. pretty much instant cure.

Burt
IP Logged
Carol_Hackler
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #38 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 2:24pm »

Yeppers, my scalp hurts - even my hair hurts.
IP Logged

Wit makes its own welcome, and levels all distinctions. No dignity, no learning, no force of character, can make any stand against good wit.
Ralph Waldo Emerson 1803 - 1882
Goblin
New Board Veteran
USA 

ooops

« Reply #39 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 4:43pm »

Got to agree hair hurts even down to the pores. Major pain in the patutie.
during hit to mee feels like head and temple area swollen but its not ive had people check.
IP Logged

Don't sweat the small stuff.
GingerS224
New Board Newbie
USA 

I hate pain!

« Reply #40 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 2:29pm »

on Dec 15th, 2005, 5:15pm, Melissa wrote:
Is anyone else's head so sensitive that it hurts to touch it?   This is new to me, it being this sensitive.  It hurts to brush my hair or touch any part of the areas where I feel pain during an attack.

Yes, I have experienced this as well.

Ging...
IP Logged
ScottEinDC
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #41 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 10:44am »

yes.  sometimes it seems my hair is connected right to the nerve endings...and sometimes my temples feels bruised...when that's happening I buckle down and get ready for a hit!
IP Logged
suziq
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #42 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 9:14am »

Me, too.  I'm fighting an episode now, and the left side of my head feels bruised.  Very tender to the touch.
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #43 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 4:11pm »

the left/back side of my head feels like I've been hit with a baseball bat for hours and a good barrage.

IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss