Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 2:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Oxygen tanks »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Oxygen tanks
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Oxygen tanks  (Read 791 times)
Wingcat
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Oxygen tanks
« on: Jan 7th, 2006, 11:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I used to rent a tank from Lincare which was only partially covered by insurance, only to have it sit in the closit for months (not complaining) between attacks.  A few years ago I inquired about buying one outright.  It was less than a few months of my portion of the rent- around $100.  And they trade me a full one for $23.00 when I need it.  The Lincare folks are absolutly fantastic to deal with.  Is this what most people do?  

Dave  
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Re: Oxygen tanks
« Reply #1 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 1:06pm »

I bought mine and just have them refilled. Most of the time (in the long run) it's cheaper. Especially when you're episodic or don't have insurance.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 2:21pm »

Yep....what Mom above said......you better off owning than renting.
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 2:14am »

My insurance is coveringmy O2...I dont know what I am paying for it yet... but insurance just started paying this year.

If you have insurance, make sure you contact them ona regular basis to see what they will cover.  Even those who own, you might be able to get you refills covered.

It may take a letter from your Dr explaining your diagnosis and the need for O2 in aborting you rheadaches, but with the acceptance of O2 as a primary defence against Ch, I get the feeling insurance companies are begining to be forced to cover O2 recently.

Anyway, I hope that this is a trend, not just my insurance company.
IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 4:35pm »

Quote:
The Lincare folks are absolutly fantastic to deal with.

They sure are.  I used to rent also and my Ins. paid virtually nothing & I ended up paying 42.00 for a F-ing E tank.  
  I made a deal with my local Lincare to leave Blue Shield out of it entirely and I now pay 10.00 cash for an E-tank.   AND.......they have honored that deal at every single Lincare I've ever dealt with across the country.  

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 11:32pm »

No insurance coverage on O2. Period.  But I get to fill a 5 gallon bucket w/triptans monthly.  
Saps....

MM Medical Oxygen Cylinder w/ CGA540 Valve Code:T540MM Price:$184.95
Got a couple of the MM's. Not too shabby. Ins coverage would've been better, but WTF. Money well spent in the LONG term, and you get to control the tanks.

Always own your own stuff. Mostly.
RJ

« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2006, 11:40pm by Mr. Happy » IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss