Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 4:27am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Seeds- RC % HBW Questions »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Seeds- RC % HBW Questions
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Seeds- RC % HBW Questions  (Read 741 times)
Arizona
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Seeds- RC % HBW Questions
« on: Jan 11th, 2006, 11:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What is the difference in dosage/strength between RC seeds and HBw seeds?  We have just tried the RC seeds, with some success so far.  
Husband had been having CH's every a.m. as usual. Sent for seeds.  
 Thurs.-soaked 15 ground up RC seeds in 1 c. water for 3 hrs. and  took them around 8 pm. No physical reaction.
 Fri. a.m. Only one 20 min CH, instead of the usual series of one right after the other-AND the one was not as strong.
 Fri. p.m. Took another dose of 15 that had been soaking several hrs. in the evening. Still no reaction BUT
  Sat.a.m. NO HEADACHES. just FELT as if they MIGHT be going to come on.
  Decided to do 20 seeds since husband is  a big man and had felt no reactionso far. Still nothing physical.  Sun. no CH!!! Mon. No CH.!!!  Tues. No CH.!!!  
   Wed.(today) BAD NEWS  Strong CH's for about a half hour. Used Oxygen with Ice pack on head as usual, is now sleeping in recliner as usual after CH attacks.  
  We would like to know more about the seeds. Are one kind better than the other? (RC /HBW) Is it necessary to keep taking them? How many? How often? And what else do we need to know?
We will be appreciative of ANY help.
 Arizona
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Seeds- RC % HBW Questions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 11:32am »

OK...first...  
read the LSA FAQ on this site:
www.clusterbusters.com

Second...hold off on additional doses for a while. Others will be along to give you feedback. You may want to post these questions on the Medications and Treatments board also.  
pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 7:03pm »

Haven't publically posted much on these boards about using rc seeds, but lots of PM's, and lots of research on Clusterbusters, and tons of help from friends here.  

Finished a full cycle at the end of July, thinking I was good for at least a year and a half.  Early December, started feeling pressure, light shadows and saggy eyebrow/lid on cluster side.  I couldn't even consider going through the holidays in cycle (thankfully, never had been hit at that time of year before).  Ordered the rc seeds, and dosed with 11 crushed in 2 oz water.  Looked like s**t, but didn't taste all that bad.  Two days later, all CH symptoms completely disappeared.  

Now, am again experiencing the slight symptoms.  My 11 seeds are soaking right now.  It worked last time, it will work again (she says hopefully).  As I understood from Clusterbuster friends, you should wait 5 days between doses to allow the seeds to do their work.  As I understand it, I'm taking maintenance doses in the hopes of completely warding off a cycle.

Your hubby is in cycle right now, so dosage and timing will be different from mine.  But, I will vouch for the rc seeds as a prevent, if not more.

My two cents to you - go to Clusterbusters and ask the guys, Pinkfloyd and Flash have been a godsend to me.  They will give you the info you need on dosages, timing, etc.

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 9:44pm »

Sandy,
Thanks for posting your experiences.  Grin

Arizona,
Please read the LSA FAQ at clusterbusters as Nani suggested. Most questions that aren't answered there with regard to dosing and detoxing etc, can be answered at the Mushroom FAQ. Read' em both.

HBWR seeds are thought to be about 4 times more potent as Rivea Corymbosa seeds.

The size of the person doesn't seem to be much of a difference, unless his brain is a lot bigger than average Wink
So, I wouldn't be adjusting dose sizes based upon that.

good luck
Bobw
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2006, 9:44pm by Pinkfloyd » IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 7:12pm »

Update - dosed last night with my 11 rc seeds.  Today, The whole right side of my head is kind of "achy", and my neck hurts on the right side.feeling heavy pressure and shadows, but has not escalated into a "hit".  

Had a really crappy night's sleep, but did sleep - wierd dreams - I was in the old west, riding on a carriage pulled by two horses, got penned in, horses carriage and all, in an ice tunnel and couldn't get out.  One of my friends was in my dream was newly married to some sleaze. wearing a lace dress over pants so she could ride astride on a horse - what happened to her husband in real life???  Then I woke up.     Undecided  Okey Dokey??

Like I said in my earlier post, last time I did this, it took two full days, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.  Hopefully, my dreams tonight will be a little more, shall we say, erotic    Grin

Sandy
IP Logged

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Arizona
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 8:52pm »

More Arizona RC Seeds Diary  
I am new to this and find that I posted the second part of our AZ Seeds diary on the other (medicines,treatments,etcl) message site-not realizing there were two strands. So I will  re-write  our 2nd report, on this site where I started, and try to get it correct in the future!
   Thank you to all who replied to our first post about the RC/HBW seeds. As you suggested, we checked out the clusterbusters site info' and find it very enlightening.
  To continue diary:after the RC doses as explained in our 1st post, and then NO CH on Sun., Mon., or Tues.,D. had a CH again on Wed. a.m..However, it was not as strong as usual, and not repeated over and over, Used O2 and went to sleep for a while with ice pack then was ok for the rest of Wed.  
  We considered the 5 day wait period advice- it had now been 3 days without CH and a milder one on day 4, so we decided to wait another day and see what happened today. (Thurs.)  
  D. slept late, got up. dressed, and the CH hit,  as usual, as he began breakfast.  HOWEVER, it was strong BUT did not last as long as usual, nor did it keep repeating. Used O2 and then went to sleep in his chair with an ice pack on head - and covers.  Instead of having the eye or nose discharge described by others, he gets very cold. This is before he ever uses the ice pack. The ice pack does not seem to make him colder, but to help the CH and chills ease off and he gets warm and comfortable and sleeps awhile. We think that the ice pack must help quiet the inflammation which affects the nerves that trigger the CH attacks.
   He decided to take another batch of 20 seeds this afternoon. No physical effects (Note to P.F.- I don't know about his brain size, but he might have  'the big head' sometimes! Grin)  
   Since the seeds seem to be having some effect, we are going to look into the 'srooms also. We will continue to post our experience with this, and to read with interest and appreciation all of the replies. Thank you all, so much! AZ
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 1:14am »

Thanks for the update AZ.

Good luck to both of you and if you have any ???s, just let us know.

Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 11:29am »

Update 2

Friday was not good.  The seeds hadn't kicked in yet and after dosing Wednesday night.  Had very heavy shadows pressure and droopy right eyelid.  Just worked through it during the day at work, and didn't do much of anything Friday night.  However, did NOT have vivid dreams (darn, was hoping for erotic   Angry)

Woke up this morning feeling much better.  Still light shadows but pressure is relieved and eyelid is almost back to normal.   Hoping hoping!  Don't want another cycle, so hope this works.

Sandy
IP Logged

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 3:23pm »

Update 3

Since posting yesterday at 11:30 AM my time (EST), by evening, shadows had backed off to "very light", some pressure was still there and my eyelid was drooping like a wilted flower.  We had tickets to go see Chicago, The Musical in town (really good), and during the show, the pressure backed down even more and no shadows - still drooped though.  Today, no pain whatsoever - no pressure, but eyelid still drooping.  I do believe the rc seeds have done it again  Grin

I'll keep monitoring, and, if things start to ramp back up again, I'll dose again on Tuesday with maybe 15 seeds.  

Anyway, the rc seeds are making me a believer in completely warding off a cycle.  Hope I don't have to eat these words   Undecided

Sandy
IP Logged

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss