Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 1:59pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « CH log question... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   CH log question...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CH log question...  (Read 892 times)
Melissa

Email

CH log question...
« on: Jan 11th, 2006, 5:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I just went through my thread on the meds board to weed out the dates and times I got hit.  I found that there were actually 4 days where I did not record anything.  I do know for a fact though that I had got hit every single day.  Does anyone else find that one day just merges into another due to the attacks and you become disoriented as to what freakin day it is???

I am just amazed and baffled at this...

Undecidedmel
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2006, 5:04pm by Melissa » IP Logged
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

Re: CH log question...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 7:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yup

I do my best to keep a log while in cycle, but as you said, days merge, and between working with CH, fixing dinner with CH, sleeping with CH, I lose track.

Undecided  Me too.

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 7:22pm »

You could write it down after every attack if your episodic.

If your chronic....why bother.
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 7:49pm »

Yup many times I have had days run together and then had to ask what day it was.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 7:49pm »

I'm with Jonny on that one. Why bother... they're just gonna hit and hit and hit.....  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 8:11pm »

(Though I hate to admit that Jonny has a point) if you are chronic, a diary might not be as much use to you.  For episodics, it can really zero in on our cycles, what works and doesn't, etc.

If your question is about losing track of time while under attack .... yep!  The only difference for me is that a normal cycle lasts 10-12 weeks.  I mark those weeks off on the calendar.  But ask me what day it is?  Haven't a clue.

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 8:21pm »

on Jan 11th, 2006, 8:11pm, Kris_in_SJ wrote:
(Though I hate to admit that Jonny has a point)

Bitch!......But I still love ya  Kiss

....................................... Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 8:29pm »

Without trying to hijack the thread, Jonny ... I love you too.

Kris
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #8 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 8:37pm »

on Jan 11th, 2006, 5:03pm, Melissa wrote:
I found that there were actually 4 days where I did not record anything.  I do know for a fact though that I had got hit every single day.  

You were pretty open about posting during your 38 days.  Perhaps they were just not good days within that period which came and went Mel, days just not meant to be remembered.  They could be taken as maybe atypically bad days within the period, a reminder of how this can make us feel once in awhile, or simply nothing new or different happened those days, same old, same old.   But I bet you did play trivia on those days.  Wink  Or you could go back a few pages and see what you might have posted on different threads on the missing days to see how you were feeling and what you were thinking.  Research project.   Smiley

luvya Mellypalooza

IP Logged
BlueMeanie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 8:50pm »

I see no point in a log. I used to log all CH's and could figure approximately how much time was left to go on my cycle. I also used a log because I always thought it was something I ate. But after years of cycles, I learned it just doesn't matter. Nothing I ate made a difference. I learned that when they end, they end; and to just wait it out and hope for the best. I suppose for Chronics  who do alot of experimenting with meds, it could be useful.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 9:21pm »

I make it a point to keep a log to see just what meds help, or don't help.  I can tell when something has made a difference in the number or duration of my attacks.  That way, I have a record to save until my next cycle in 18 months.  Otherwise, it's like starting from scratch each time...

Anyway, I was just seeing if anyone else misplaces days like I do.  I usually am very good at posting my hits right away the next morning or even right after getting hit, so I just found it really freaking odd that I missed those 4 days. Huh  Oh well, like Kev said, could have been they were so bad I was probably too exhausted to even bother...
IP Logged
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #11 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 5:39am »

Took me 7 years to learn to do a full CH log, then the hard disk crashes and now it's gone.  Do know that it had over 50 headaches in over 10 weeks for the 2004 cycle and a lot of shit that's best forgotten.

Then what happens?

Doing the clusterbusters thing meant the 2005 diary had 4 headaches in it - wonder if I can cut down even more for 2006?    

IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #12 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 8:44am »

I have been writing a headache diary since fall 2002. Every ch hit and every regular HA is in there. I've been episodic and then chronic and now PF. It's all in there. These days I don't need to mark anything, which is great. Smiley

Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 5:05pm »

on Jan 11th, 2006, 8:50pm, BlueMeanie wrote:
I see no point in a log. I used to log all CH's and could figure approximately how much time was left to go on my cycle. I also used a log because I always thought it was something I ate. But after years of cycles, I learned it just doesn't matter. Nothing I ate made a difference. I learned that when they end, they end; and to just wait it out and hope for the best. I suppose for Chronics  who do alot of experimenting with meds, it could be useful.

Ditto, same here.
IP Logged
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 7:19pm »

Having only found out what was kicking my butt half way through my last cycle and only then finding this site I didn’t have a chance to keep a log and I don’t think I would have been able to in the middle of the cycle as I was so wasted all I needed was some rest.

Being episodic and expecting my next cycle around December 2009 (if the cycles stay at the 5 year intervals) and now knowing what I am dealing with I will keep a log to see what happens.

Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 8:12pm »

I recommend a log for a couple of reasons.

First, for those who aren't yet truly diagnosed.  I believe an accurate and detailed headache diary can confirm the CH diagnosis.

Second, it has really helped me in convincing my doc to quickly ramp up the Verap.  After 10 days on high doses, I now know the "bangers" will start to decrease.  In other words, it helps me learn what and how fast various meds will work.  It also helps me remember that frozen peas and hot showers simply don't work for me.  Been there and done that.  

They have their place, even if we lose a few days to exhaustion or simply are overwhelmed by pain.

Kris

IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss