Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 2:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « another round »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   another round
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: another round  (Read 1098 times)
maffumatt

Email

another round
« on: Jan 12th, 2006, 1:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I was expecting another cycle to begin in Feb, but it jumped the gun and started a little early this year. I am going the alternitive route this time, I believe that is what ended my cycle last year. I am positive that the Trex and Verap combination prolonged my cycle. Its just funny that the first year useing meds it lasted almost 10 months when normaly they lasted 2. Anyway my question is,my GP wants to give me a shot of Predestone, will that affect the BWR effectiveness? I dosed 5 days ago, and plan to again this weekend, but have a Dr. appointment Mon. Should I skip the shot? Wait to dose again until after? any ideas?
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Re: another round
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 1:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Doesn't the meds affect the other? I was told to get off all meds before dosing.  I haven't dosed, but that's what I was told. Someone jump in here and give some advice.

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

warrior
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 2:24pm »

Last year I was on so much med. and they lasted 6 months and seemed like all the meds made them last longer.  I just started my cycle a couple of weeks ago and am taking no meds. at this time except lyrica.  Just started it 3 days ago.  Want to know why drs. don't understand about the CH.  So reluctant to give me a shot to help the pain.  Have had these for 10 years and have never wanted any shots when I don't have CH's.  Jan
IP Logged
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 2:43pm »

I know that Trex contridicts the lsa, just wondering if the steroid will too.
IP Logged
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 2:44pm »

See section 4.1 of the Mushroom FAQ on www.clusterbusters.com

"So, the answer is, yes, injected steroids can interfere."

BB
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 2:45pm »

Matt this is just an opinion and I have no idea how the pred will interact with LSA. When you say BWR I assume you mean HBWR (hawiaan baby woodrose seeds)

Skip the Pred if the HBWR seeds seem to be working then let the seeds do their thing.  Clusterbusters reccomends total detox.

MJ
edit to add
Sorry Bob posted at the same time now you have it from an authority on the subject. Knows his stuff.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2006, 2:50pm by MJ » IP Logged

MJ
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 2:50pm »

Clusterbusters say that prednisone can interfere with the alternative treatment.  
Quote:

1.2 Detoxing
Although we are still learning which medications have an effect on this treatment, it is generally believed that triptans (imitrex etc.), steroids (prednisone) ,opiods (fentanyl, 'caines etc.), ergotamines (sansert etc) will block any therapeutic value of LSA and/or psilocybin.

http://www.clusterbusters.com/faqlsa.htm

Proceed cautiously. Good Luck.

Jesse
IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 12:07am »

on Jan 12th, 2006, 1:40pm, BarbaraD wrote:
I was told to get off all meds before dosing.  I haven't dosed, but that's what I was told. Someone jump in here and give some advice.

Hugs BD

I disagree with the notion that everyone considering alternative therapy for CH should get off all meds before dosing. There are thousands of meds for thousands of medical conditions.  

The risk of getting off all meds must be evaluated with your doctor.

Here's a simple example:  
Someone with CH is considering alternative therapy. He also has cardiovascular disease. A carotid ultrasound shows that one of his carotid arteries is mostly blocked, with some stenosis. Since he is asymtomatic of stroke, has had no TIAs and the partial blockage is only on one side; the cardiologist says that a carotid endarterectomy to clear the artery is unwarranted and prescribes Plavix.

Plavix (clopidogrel} prevents platelets (substances in the blood) from clustering. This helps to prevent blood from forming blood clots. Plavix is used in the prevention and treatment of heart attack, stroke, blood clots, and acute coronary syndrome.

Getting off the Plavix will greatly increase the risk of stroke.

Continuing to take Plavix while using LSD/LSA/Psilocybin should not have any significant drug interaction and should not interfere with or increase the effects of psychedelics.

In this case, the person should continue to take the med and proceed with alternative therapy for the CH.  

a) Talk to your doctor about the risks of discontinuing your meds.

b) Read the drug interactions sections of CB.com and ask the clusterbusters if you have any questions.

Hugs BB  
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #8 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 12:23am »

You've already gotten good advice...
so I'll just add hugs, prayers and good juju.
 Kiss  If you need anything, just let me know. hugs, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 2:50am »

Matt, I hope that this round is a short one.

Wishing you PF time asap,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

maffumatt

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:09am »

Thankyou guys for the input, I think I'll forego the Pred, I wasn't to keen on what it did to me last year anyway.
IP Logged
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #11 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 9:32pm »

Ditto to what Nani said, Matt.  Whatever you decide, I hope this cycle is the shortest and easiest one ever.  Hugs.
patti
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 12:38pm »

is there any abortives other than o2 that can be used with the hbwr seeds? After doseing the attacks are comeing in waves. They did the same on the schrooms, but not as bad, I am hopeing that this is a sign that its working and its pissed, but wellto put it mildly,  it hurts. Its like I have skipped the buildup and went straight to the peak period.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2006, 12:40pm by Mattchew » IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #13 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 1:27pm »

Popular opinion says it gets worse before it gets better.  

The advice to me was give it 5 days and if you feel it is definately not improving a bit dose again.  

I dosed again next day with the RC seeds. But thats just me.

Try the repetitive excercise thing, ie; fast walk, pushups, knee bends, pushups against the counter, light weight work untill it hurts, whatever. Anything to get the blood and oxygen flowing faster also gets the endorphins or other things going.

Hang in there.
IP Logged

MJ
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #14 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 2:47pm »

on Jan 14th, 2006, 12:38pm, maffumatt wrote:
is there any abortives other than o2 that can be used with the hbwr seeds?

See sections 4.1.5 through 4.1.10 in the Mushroom FAQ on CB.com

BB
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss