Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 3:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Mental Control »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Mental Control
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mental Control  (Read 1676 times)
Chonas
New Board Junior
Argentina 

Can I buy you a drink?

Re: Mental Control
« Reply #25 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 1:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I don't get it... what are we talking about now...???, wife abuse...?, a squad of what?. What is the idea behind all these concepts?. My wife is my wife, should I also feel guilty because I'm a clusterhead and she happened to be there when it happened?. I don't get it.
IP Logged

Here we go again...
chewy

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 1:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
sounded like a cheer squad for spousal abuse for a bit

Gimmee a break.

Quote:
I have little patience for drama queens

uhhh?
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #27 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 1:34pm »

on Jan 15th, 2006, 11:46am, Jonny wrote:
Ask your wife if you can smash a frying pan into her head, if she says no tell her to leave you and your pain alone.

on Jan 15th, 2006, 6:29pm, Chonas wrote:
Thanks a lot to all of you.  
I've already smashed a frying pan into her head Grin  Grin  Grin

on Jan 16th, 2006, 8:33am, chewy wrote:
A Ouji Board might though. Depends on how hard you smack her with it.
Ouji Board Tip: When smacking your wife in the kisser, keep the board folded in two.

on Jan 16th, 2006, 1:10pm, chewy wrote:

Gimmee a break.

uhhh?

Hey...first of all, I never said I wasn't a drama queen... I just don't have any patience for other ones...
...and secondly:
read the above quotes. Looks like a cheerleading squad (that's what I meant, Chonas) for smacking his wife with various objects to me.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 1:38pm »

There is a fine line between the words sufferer and supporter.
Who decides who is suffering? I can tell you now there is no pain like seeing your child get hit.. and I do know. I have cluster headaches and a child with them.
I've seen many other clusterheads getting hit. As have many other people here and we all know how terrible we felt being the "helpless" one.
Chonas your wife is trying to help as I know you know. It may not be the most tactful way possible.. God only knows what a pig's ear I'd make of trying to be "tactful and caring!!"
We've all had the "Why don't you try not eating chocolate/taking aspirin?" advice and we all know how infuriating it is.  
I for one try to remember (and I don't always succeed!!) that these people care and they are trying to help, its not their fault they are misguided any more than it's mine I am suffering.
We'll get there together, a little education on the way and a bit of gratitude and they'll be that much wiser for (god forbid) the next clusterhead they see.
Good luck to you and your wife. Its a hard road but I hope you can travel together to understanding and beating this.
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

chewy

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 1:45pm »

I'll tell ya what. If you clout your wife with the Ouji board I hope she drop kicks ya right in the nut.

How's that for equality!
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 4:14pm »

Come on guys -- I think most of the remarks about whacking or abusing a spouse was meant as a joke (and we do tend to joke around here), but we all know our supporters are VERY important and they are TRYING to help. We're a bunch of selfish A-holes when we're in pain and are not very tactful about our pain.

No one except someone ELSE with CH can UNDERSTAND the extent of OUR pain and that's just a fact. Some of us have lived with it so long that we just tend to ignore others when they try to help with things we know will not and don't let it get to us (or make jokes about it).  

The first time I ever saw another CHer get hit, my first reaction was to jump right in and try to help. Luckily, I didn't touch Kip, but only asked if I could do anything. He was very polite when he told me to F*** off (Kip is a very polite man). So (my point being) sometimes even another CHer doesn't make a good supporter either.  

Now Chonas, go get that board out and see if you should what your wife or not Huh Huh Grin

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Chonas
New Board Junior
Argentina 

Can I buy you a drink?

« Reply #31 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 5:28pm »

Whatever you say Ladies it's Ok for me, and I'll take it for granted, I don't fully understand it, but anyway I'll try to proceed accordingly.  
I ended up so confused that I'm not sure what goes first... the Tarot or Mental Control.  Undecided
IP Logged

Here we go again...
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #32 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 6:15pm »

Clusterheadaches suck for every single person involved...the sufferer, the supported the family the co-workers, the friends.  And yeah, we are A1 not a very nice persons sometimes.  Not proud of it either.  My husband thought, for years, that I was exaggerating, until he saw how I acted when I broke three toes and a rib.  Like nothing much happened.  Cause it didn't come close to CH pain.  Tell ya what, next time your wife has an ice cream headache-or brain freeze-tell her to imagine that level of pain for 90 minutes.  But you know what, she obviously either loves you or you're very wealthy because she's still there in spite of what she has read here.
PFDAN
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
chewy

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 6:29pm »

She obviously has thicker skin than some responding here.

So did she drop kick ya yet?
IP Logged
Chonas
New Board Junior
Argentina 

Can I buy you a drink?

« Reply #34 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 6:30pm »

Thanks for your msg Kathy, I thank to all of you Ladies. Sometimes I get a bit confussed when this item women-men, men-women and if we're a bunch of 'machos' and all that stuff gets involved, I mean during the conversation I felt like I was in a pub having a beer with some of my colleages and suddenly my wife arrived and began to tell me whatever it is that she always tells me.  I do appreciate your kind observations and some advice you gave me. By the way, I'm extremely happy that my CH cycle is OVER!, it happened a couple of days ago and of course I've posted a brief msg.
IP Logged

Here we go again...
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #35 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 10:58pm »

I'm lucky in that I only have CH.  I've never cut it as a supporter.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss