Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 9:30am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « shadows? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   shadows?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: shadows?  (Read 382 times)
agonymum
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

shadows?
« on: Jan 16th, 2006, 5:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi , im a new member and i cant seem to find out what this word means , have a vague idea , but explanation would be appreciated ?

thanks ..x
IP Logged
Filbert
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

"Gravy-pure gravy and don't forget it."

Re: shadows?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 5:24am »

For most people it's the pain you get in between the big hits almost like a mini CH. It's like it's reminding you it's still there just hanging around ready to strike again.

Fil.
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #2 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 5:28am »

G'day, and hope you're feeling a bit better.  

A shadow is the headache you have when you're not really having a headache.  It just sort of hovers there threatening, reminding you all is not well.  Not enough to complain about but, in my case at least, enough to give me the frights.

I personally refer to them as echoes on account of the way they go boing boing boing all around inside my skull.  They're a bit different for everybody but that's how it is for me.

Hope this helps,

Brian.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
agonymum
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 6:12am »

hi guys and thanks.

i thought it was that , for me its like a constant dull pain over eyebrow and the feeling of being scared to move head too quickly ,in case 'it' happens , but so used to it being there its not on the pain scale , just a threat .

also was wondering about tingles and twitches . at the beginning of this cycle , i had numbness in my thumb , and thought i may have MS, - any connection?
the twitches happen on my face when the drooping starts and the eye and nose is in full flow. it twitches right in the centre next to my nose , where the nerve is i think? (did think i had bells palsy at one time ) -- so glad i know what all this about now .

thanks again xx
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 7:29am »

My left eyebrow starts sweating, the eye start drooping, the sinus starts running and I get this dull pain on the left side -- shadows, echos --- whatever.... there's a hit in there waiting to get out....  I get to the coffee pot immediately....

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Phil the Desert Rat
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 8:02am »

I agree, agonymum, in that once my shadow is in full swing (mine really kicked in on Day 3, after CH #7, at least as I remember it...must keep better notes during Round 2, whenever that happens), I am afraid to move my head too quickly, for fear of waking up the monster.  It makes me feel like I am moving underwater, or like an eighty year old man.  Unfortunately, mine do register around Kip 3-4, and was constant from Jan 3 through Jan 15, punctuated by the inevitable CHs.  I did find that strong coffee and the cold wet bath towel wrapped around my head helped.  Best of luck with yours, and let us know if you find relief, and how!

--Phil
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 12:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Continuous low grade CH between the big hits.
IP Logged
Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 1:57pm »

Gday,  
For me a shadow is a nauseating, seedy feeling, along the lines of a major hangover, feeling ill and like everyone else not wanting to move about alot.  

As for the twitches, during a cycle I have a constant twitch of the left eyelid, that drives me insane. It seems to intensify as a pending attack gets closer. My opinion is that it is simply apart of the whole nerve response to CH.  
Hope this helps.  

Turts

IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss