Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 7:38am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « cluster vs migrains »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   cluster vs migrains
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: cluster vs migrains  (Read 418 times)
rcw134
New Board Newbie
USA 

And this too shall pass - if only for a while

Email

cluster vs migrains
« on: Jan 17th, 2006, 10:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It's been a long time since I've visited Clusterville - I was diagonosed as having both cluster and migrain headaches - mainly clusters - I like so many of you have tried all there is out there and nothing has worked.  The migrains were always managable - the clusters hell - for the past few months the migrains have gotten worse - any one have the same experience of cronic clusters with some migrains thrown in, change to serious migrains - I've been managing by taking percodan for the pain and it's worked so far - now today I've got a migrain that is bad - oxygen - maxalt, a percodan and midrin have helped somewhat - MY QUESTION - HAS ANYONE HAD THE SAME OCURRANCE OF 90 % CLUSTER AND 10 % MIGRAINS - switch  to more migrains that are serious from cronic clusters?
I'm 56 had headaches since 1976 - diamond headach cliinic  in 1997 - to cronic cluster and some migrain in 2000.  Why the change?  Any feed back greatly appreciated - I didn't think that migrains could ever be as bad as the clusters - I'm concerned about the switch and if I should start over with cronic pain clinic, find a neroligest (sp) I've been to 4 over the years and have not been able to work with my gp   dr.   Huh
IP Logged
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

Re: cluster vs migrains
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 12:03pm »

I never had a migraine so I can't answer your specific questions, but I definitely think you should find a neurologist (again). A change in headache frequency or intensity always warrants a visit to a neuro. Migraines seem to be more manageable than clusters so a neurologist may be more helpful than in the past.  

Sorry I coudn't be more helplful.

Jesse
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2006, 12:04pm by JJA » IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 12:40pm »

Try and find a Neurologist ASAP. Both can be controlled for some way through medication....Don't be like me who waited 28 years to see a Neuro !!!How in the hell I endured all the pain is beyond me
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
BK
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 4:00pm »

I feel for you.  Having had both, I know that neither are a picnic no matter what some folks say about migraines.  Some migraines are pure torture. For many sufferers they last up to 72 hours or longer.  While the instensity may not be the same as ch,  just enduring non-stop pain for that long can drive you to the brink.  I was there many a time.

My experience was migraines for about 15 years with an occasional ch.  Then a transition period of elements of both before going pretty much full time into clusters.  But sometimes my clusters have elements of migraine in them even now.

Headaches can have complexity that baffles many a neurologist.  But it is essential to not stop until you have a neuro who will work with you to get the right med or combination of meds to control both types of ha's that you have.  Since meds used for ch are the same for migraines, you may find relief or at least better control for both of your ha types.
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 9:34pm »

I'm chronic CH and now have arthritic migraines thrown in for good measure plus another little post tramautic concussion headache on top of things. It's all in my head!  

Yes, they all hurt like hell and they're all different in ways and all start out about the same. I have to wait to see which kind I'm having to see what the heck to take.  Huh

Cafergot works well on the migraines and CH (with some phenergan thrown in for the nauseau). Pain meds only cause me to have rebounds so I stay away from them. Excedrin ES occasionally is about as close as I get to pain meds. Black coffee will sometimes abort one coming on.  

In a lot of ways the migraines are worse (maybe I've just learned to deal with the CH) because I have to lay in bed and that's the one thing I can't do for long, but with migraines I don't have a choice. I'm OLD and the old bones just aren't up to staying in bed for long periods of time. By the time I CAN get up I feel like I've been beaten up all over.  

If I had my "druthers" I wouldn't have any headaches and would be "normal", but guess this was the hand I was dealt and I just take it one day at a time.  

Hope you get some relief soon....  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss