Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 8:20am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Re: Whingin and bitching, and a big dose of self p »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Re: Whingin and bitching, and a big dose of self p
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Whingin and bitching, and a big dose of self p  (Read 340 times)
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« on: Jan 19th, 2006, 11:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Boy you sound like me before i got put on the duragesic/fentanyl patch at a pain clinic/ha clinic.  I tried everything under the sun and nothing worked.  I got hit 8x/day for over 6 years straight.  No rest.  I would be in the ER aprox 8x a month every month.  Member of the frequent flyer club lol.  I would get morphine and demorol and it would NOT touch my ch or migraines.  However, dilaudid 4mg kicked its but and gave me 3 days pain free out of the deal.  NICE.    

FYI I am 39 years old and a year ago 4mg didn't do the trick one isolated night and the ER dr being compassionate offered me 2mg more for a total of 6mg dilaludid.  I don't even remember leaving the ER.  They say I walked out on my own accord.  My husband got me home and undressed me and put me to bed because I was so out of it.  Then he went downstairs.  For some reason the phone rang and he decided to take the call in the office upstairs accross the bedroom and not downstairs where he could have.  He happened to look my way and I was blue and ice cold.  He dialed 911 for I was unresponsive.  They gave me a substance called narcan and pulled all the narcotics out of my system.  They accussed me in the ambulance when I woke up with a splitting ch that I od on drugs from shooting up.  They were looking down at me.  I explained they had it all wrong!  A dr had given me the drug as a shot in the ER a little while earlier for ch and a migraine.  They said 15 more min. and I would have been non recoverable.  DEAD!  Im 5'5'' and weigh 240.  Im not sure what size a frame you have but be careful accepting any higher of a dose.  The dr that gave me the drug was standing at the hospital door when the ambulance took me in.  Pointing fingurs saying she wanted it, she walked out on her own, yada yada yada.  I told him not to worry that I had no intention of suing him.  Boy was he relieved.  I thanked him again for being so compassionate to care about my pain that he was willing to try an extreame.  

I would highly recomend you try a pain clinic.  They make sure that you have tried everything under the sun for ch then they will try narcotics.  I was on methadone for a year but it made me so I slept all the time.  I had a hard time functioning on it but no ch!  So I went on the patch!  Been pain free 2 years.  I tried to get the dr to perscribed dilaudid since I knew that worked but he wouldn't do it.  Don't know what I will do if the patch quits working.  Good luck in finding some pain free time.
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2006, 11:30pm by Karla » IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #1 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 11:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

WOW Karla,  

Looks to me like you're talking to yourself.  

Wink  Guess he/she decided that his/her self-pity whinning/bitching   etc.  was a bit too much and deleted his /her post

Sometimes we all need a kick in the pants.   Roll Eyes  Sometimes we do it to ourselves.  

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss