Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 9:58am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Pulsating Brain freeze »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Pulsating Brain freeze
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Pulsating Brain freeze  (Read 1234 times)
Nanc
New Board Newbie
USA 

Pulsating Brain freeze
« on: Jan 24th, 2006, 2:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I recently started having Cluster headaches  Undecided It feels like pulsating brain freeze.  Has anyone had this?
IP Logged
agonymum
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

Re: Pulsating Brain freeze
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 2:22am »

its so hard to describe that pain unless you are talking to a fellow sufferer i think its near impossible to describe it .(mindblowing?)
i can relate to the description of brain freezing though ,but it just doesnt sound enough on its own does it ?

have you been perscribed anything for your HA 's ?

best wishes xx
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 3:08am »

Nanc,
welcome aboard! Smiley

I'm so sorry that you have ch. Sad
But it's wonderful that you have found your way here. Smiley
You can find lots of info and support right here.

Best wishes & PF days,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 3:08am »

on Jan 24th, 2006, 2:22am, agonymum wrote:

i can relate to the description of brain freezing though ,but it just doesnt sound enough on its own does it ?

have you been perscribed anything for your HA 's ?

best wishes xx

Hi Nanc & welcome
I agree with agonymum tell us a bit more about yourself & how it feels, the more we know the better we can help.

Kind regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
upnover
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 7:46am »

More info but if you mean it's so cool it burns I can relate

Where is your pain located an how long does it last the frequency is also some of the ? you'll want to think about.
And the most important have you seen your DR ?
IP Logged

Tom
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 11:40am »

Have you been diagnosed yet?  Try the cluster quiz<== link on the left of your screen.  I don't know about the rest of you but my migraines pulsate and throb.  My ch stab and  are extreame in debth.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
example1
New Board Newbie
USA 

Cluster headaches suck

« Reply #6 on: Jan 25th, 2006, 3:08am »

Hey all.  I'm totally new here, so please disregard any faux-pas or posting errors  Smiley  I figure I'll address the topic of this post, but also give some background about my symptoms etc.,  

I was diagnosed today, officially.  What a relief.  I am currently experiencing my second cycle (I believe) and had a 3 year hiatus between headaches.  In that respect I feel lucky.  It sounds like some of you deal with CH much more frequently than I do.  I'm truly sorry about that.  I believe I had CH in high school a little bit.  I was definitely awakened  multiple times at 18 in the middle of the night with throbbing headaches.   I didn't think much about it, other than enjoying the relief when the headache passed.  

About describing CH, I told my boss the other day that it felt like I had a 4 ft metal pole going from my left eye through the back of my head and that somebody was banging on the pole with a hammer.  I think that conveyed the point pretty well.  

CH is truly scarry.  I am so thankful for my fiance, who is one of the sweetest people in the world and truly my savior.  She is always there with a massage or calm words to help me through, even if sometimes I look like a maniac!  

Here are my basic symptoms, people can tell me if they're similar or different than yours:

Always on the left side of my head, always behind my left eye-ball.  It starts as a mild throbbing and my left eye begins to hurt.  That's about 5-10 minutes before the serious pain starts.  That's when I pop the Excedrin and try to wait it out.  That's also when I am reminded that Excedrin and waiting aren't very helpful.  Lots of tears from the left eye; extreme light sensitivity (which apparently is weird for CH), extreme aggitation with people, light, sounds, tasks, words, everything basically.  My heart starts to beat more quickly and I start feeling clostrophobic, given that I'm usually in the middle of doing something at work.  I'm a manager at a school for kids with emotional difficulties, so I'm usually dealing with intense personal crisis or staff members who need my assistance.  

Recently it has happened at 9am sharp, which doesn't do me much good at work.  

It is frustrating because I am worried that my coworkers will think that I'm milking it--that I'm staying home with a "headache" when I call in.  I'm not sure how to convey what a cluster headache is to those who don't have it.  One look at any CH related website would probably do the job though.  

Anyway, just throught I would throw in my 2 cents and say hello.  It really is nice to see so many people on here who share my pain.  I hope everyone has a good night.
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Perhaps this will help..
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25th, 2006, 6:42pm »

http://www.ouch-us.org/chgeneral/dealwithemp.htm

Bes of luck and may PFDs
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss