Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 12:45pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kip 10? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kip 10?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kip 10?  (Read 2853 times)
StressFree
New Board Veteran
USA 

James4:8 I'm a moral failure, but there is hope...

Re: Kip 10?
« Reply #25 on: Feb 15th, 2006, 3:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was about to do a run-on commentary like I tend too, but I realized I actually agree with Jonny (second time, this is scary) - 10 is 10!
IP Logged
BlueMeanie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #26 on: Feb 17th, 2006, 6:58pm »

on Feb 7th, 2006, 2:40am, Gator wrote:
I think the definition of a Kip 10 is pretty much dead on.  During the worst of attacks I scream, cry, curse, bang my head with my fist and wish for death.  I'm ashamed to say, I actually begged my wife to shoot me on at least one occassion.

DITTO... right on Gator.
IP Logged
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #27 on: Feb 20th, 2006, 2:32am »

In suffering for 28 years, I've had my share of kip 10's. They suck. I've never gone to the emergency room, but I did not take a hell of alot of medications either. In other words I was an airhead. The times I experienced a 10---I would put a dampened towel to my face and muffle my screams. This really troubled my daughter, because the first time I screamed she was 7 years old. She came downstairs with tears in her eyes and stood in the corner and watched me in horror. Now that she is in College she has read this site and understands that I am one of thousands of people who suffer through these damn things.As for the numerical code or name---who cares---they are the most brutal of all the attacks !
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Feb 20th, 2006, 9:43pm »

Quote:
As for the numerical code or name---who cares---they are the most brutal of all the attacks !

Right on!!!

Dragn
IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #29 on: Feb 20th, 2006, 10:03pm »

on Feb 14th, 2006, 6:35am, Shaz wrote:
or having the most incredible sex.........

Shaz  Kiss

My brothers said that this is what I sounded like while getting a K8 during the planning of Mom's funeral.  Said it sounded like a 20 minute orgasm.

All could say was well ...it wasn't... Cry

The K10's I've had were when Megan was very young.  crawling on hands and knees dragging my head along the floor begging my ex husband to please just shoot me, remove my head make it end...would be then he's pack the babies up in the car and hawl me off to the ER, I swear sometimes he thought I should be commited to the psych ward.  

Then he went threw his first cycle 4 years after we split up.  I think he gained a new respect for me, for the years he thought I was ....and I quote....a "wimp".

Pegg
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Feb 20th, 2006, 11:06pm »

Quote:
years he thought I was ....and I quote....a "wimp".

He said that to you????

Let me at him! I'll kick his ass!!

Dragn
IP Logged

haubels
New Board Newbie
USA 

Learning to live with CH

« Reply #31 on: Mar 6th, 2006, 5:31pm »

Think of when you eat ice cream to fast or drink a cold beverage to quickly. "Brain freeze",you don't often think about how intense and painful they really are. Now that you've thought of that, the next time you need to describe a"10" tell them it's like a "Brain Freeze" that last for 1/2 hr., 1 1/2 hr. ect. Now there's a common point that everyone can identify with.
IP Logged
kayarr
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kayarr2k  
Email

« Reply #32 on: Mar 6th, 2006, 7:15pm »

"Think of when you eat ice cream to fast or drink a cold beverage to quickly. "Brain freeze",you don't often think about how intense and painful they really are. Now that you've thought of that, the next time you need to describe a"10" tell them it's like a "Brain Freeze" that last for 1/2 hr., 1 1/2 hr. ect. Now there's a common point that everyone can identify with. "

That is what J. said it was kinda like to me......still can barely imagine.
IP Logged

Nothing is impossible! Just believe!!!!!
rapunzel
New Board Junior
USA 

'sometimes you just need to howl"

Email

« Reply #33 on: Mar 11th, 2006, 10:22pm »

on Feb 11th, 2006, 7:58am, agonymum wrote:
after giving birth twice in excruciating pain for 24 hours with my first child , i can honestly say that i would rather give birth every day for the rest of my life rather than suffer the pure pain of a kip 10 for one minute .

YES YES YES! I have given birth naturally three times- oh yes, bad bad pain for sure. I would rather give birth nightly than have the Beast explode from my head. Definitely. I have said such on several episodes.  

IP Logged
DonnaHar

Email

« Reply #34 on: Mar 12th, 2006, 8:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The top is the top.  10 is the top.  

I can't really describe a 10 because it goes beyond the ability to think....it is a no man's land.  It is floating in unbearable pain.  You are a worn out rag....no will,  just a wimpering being in the grips of crushing, burning, stabbing pain, begging that it end no matter how it happened..  

I've been to the ER....with a friend/supporter leading me to the car.  Trouble is, by the time you wait to get in, the headache is quickly on its' way out and the docs rarely get to see what we suffer.

Kip suffered terribly with CH and he knew where the top of the scale was.  He was right on the money.
IP Logged
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Mar 16th, 2006, 8:38pm »

A 10 to me is when my mind can't take it any more and I pass out.

Quite simply as Ghost said.
Pain level 10  
Major pain, screaming, head banging, ER trip. Depressed. Suicidal. From a Level 9 you now will experience the feeling you scull is being split open and salt being poured into it. Nothing to compare to this level. Can result in Blackouts. Dangerously  intense.  

As DonnaHar stated.
I've been to the ER....with a friend/supporter leading me to the car.  Trouble is, by the time you wait to get in, the headache is quickly on its' way out and the docs rarely get to see what we suffer.
Fortunately for me my Doc did see what was going on and that was when I and my Doc at last knew what was happening to me.

What I do know is that here we all understand where we are at and that's what makes life somewhat bearable again.

Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #36 on: Mar 16th, 2006, 9:22pm »

I've probably had more than my share of 10's.  Sad    

Thank god that is not the norm for me now.

Goodluck everybody that has to deal with a 10 !

UNsolved
IP Logged
jon019

Email

« Reply #37 on: Mar 16th, 2006, 10:13pm »

have had only a handfull of 10's. the kind of pain that causes one to wish for death and wonder how ANYONE can LIVE thorough pain like that. makes an 8 or 9 ALMOST bearable because it aint a 10! have found that a 10 is a bitch with more to serve in that it means a 4-8  
hour hit instead of the usual 1-2 hours. when you get to "why me" over and over again, that's a 10. interesting comment on breathing- can't describe much better the intensity than when you have to REMIND yourself to breath! expect to use that on the next knothead who says to me, yeah I had one of those once.

this thread is amazing. thank you all. best descriptions I have seen yet.

Jon
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss