Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 8:44am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Disability? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Disability?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Disability?  (Read 444 times)
karrie35
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Disability?
« on: Feb 10th, 2006, 7:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am sure this topic has been covered before.
What is required to receive disability status short-term?
Anyone have any information?
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Re: Disability?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10th, 2006, 9:44am »

Yep, but we need some more information.... How short term? SS will not kick in for six months after you are disabled. Go to Social Security.com and read up on it. There are some threads on this MB about it from some who have applied.  

CH is not on the ADA list, but migraines are (go figure that one!). Some have gotten on disability with CH. Right now I'm waiting on a decision on mine.  

A lot of it depends on which state you're in and who you contact at SS and how you fill out the forms.  

I'm sure some others will chime in here in a little while.....

Good luck...

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10th, 2006, 8:05pm »

Karrie,

If you are referring to FMLA from your employer, Check your HR department. Usual requirements typically are a diagnosis from your Nero, and a request from them stating that you be allowed to leave work, without fear of penalty, (such as points or attendance marks against you) because of the debilitating effects of the "disease".  
I currently am working on the same thing. Print off "Simon's Letter" and include it with the Dr.'s note.  

I hope this helps!

Dragnlance
IP Logged

Mikey
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Rock till ya Drop and DON'T mess with the FAM!!!!!

MGuitarM
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 11th, 2006, 12:00am »

Karrie, I'm on SS dissability because of my ch, it is a full time dissability benefit.  Also, during the 6 months that you are waiting, if you are approved for SSI, you can recieve benefits from it until you get your social security benefits.  Sometimes it takes a while to even recieve the SSI benefits.  Usually if you are approved for SSI, then you will be approved for Dissability.  Sometimes, like in my case, I didn't recieve any benefits at all for six months, BUT they had to pay me the back pay for the SSI benfits that I was supposed to recieve before I started recieving the SS Dissability benefits.

When you fill out the GREEN form for SS Dissability, be sure to be as precise as possible about your job requirements.  I was told by my case worker that most people mess up by not being very precise about their job duties.  

I hope this helps you in some way.

Mikey............ Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2006, 12:03am by Mikey » IP Logged

I love to ROCK very HARD!!!

CHRONIC and going crazy!! Want to come too?

Hope for PFDAN, peace and safety to you all!!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss