Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 6:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ughhhhhhh »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   ughhhhhhh
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ughhhhhhh  (Read 455 times)
tessa_c
New Board Newbie
USA 

your headhurts? last night i tried to cut mine off

Email

ughhhhhhh
« on: Feb 28th, 2006, 8:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

for the past couple of weeks what i used to call "eye pain" (but now know are shadows) have been getting pretty heavier.  i usually dont have pfd's  as far as the shadows are concerned.  

IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i never recorded the shadows, becasuse 7 out of 10 x's i never needed and abortive.  i just dealt with it.  grateful to have "eye pain" and not a ch.  but  the last few ive had to.  and to top it off ive been at work.  where i deal with the public, judges, cops and  LOUD NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and i have to talk to people when i dont want to.  and i have to make sure that i speak clearly.  since now my words are starting to get slurred, or twisted.  not often but  enough to bother the f$%K out of me.

my makeup tricks are starting to run out.   i can hide an eyelid that looks puffy or a red eye with visine.  but now its starting to look like i have been hit in the eye.  

i cant remember having an shadow that woke me up.  well you know what, last night it did.  so i guess since it wanted attention i should give it some.  i laid there tried to feel where the pain was exactly and it felt like it was running behind my nose.  

now i just tell myself its time.  AND I WANT CHOCOLATE!

i called my neuro today since i didnt get a call back about the 4 mg imitrex, and a bigger o2 tank. and again im told the girl that handles calling the insurance companies isnt here today.
IT'S BEEN 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
"but i will make the call myself in the morning."  and before i know it i said   "YEAH RIGHT"

it took me a long time to find a neuro that understood ,,,, but damnit  whats with the nurses, or medical asst.'s or whatever they are.
i feel like going to the office and just sitting there and letting them stare at my swollen eye while i eat chocolate and read the chronicles of narnia all day.

IP Logged

"if you didnt define yourself for yourself, you'd be crunched into other peoples fantasies of you and be eaten alive." audre lorde
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Re: ughhhhhhh
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 9:19pm »

on Feb 28th, 2006, 8:54pm, tessa_c wrote:
,,,, but damnit  whats with the nurses, or medical asst.'s or whatever they are.

I am sorry you are in pain.  
This is just another example of folks without Ch not getting it.   I go through a very difficult time with trying to coordinate Insurance companies and office admins that just don't share our sense of urgency or understand our level of discomfort (spelled agony).
This is the only place I've found where I feel anything I say about CH matters.

wishng you PFDAN,
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 9:23pm »

on Feb 28th, 2006, 8:54pm, tessa_c wrote:

i feel like going to the office and just sitting there and letting them stare at my swollen eye while i eat chocolate and read the chronicles of narnia all day.

Tell them right off your not going to share either then start reading out loud untill you get what you need.
IP Logged

MJ
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 9:43pm »

I would stand at the counter and stare at the nurses, and anyone else that comes in, (and if they ask, be certain to tell them that you are STILL waiting for medical help)
until they give you the help you need.  Be sure to ignore the comments made to "Please sit down".  

Dragn
IP Logged

thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 9:54pm »

Hang in there. They don't have a clue. I hate the shadow, it's like being on the edge of a cliff playing hopskotch. Shocked
Get in there and squeak...soon someone will get tired of hearing it and apply grease. Tongue
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
tessa_c2
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 11:52pm »

i hate to be a pain in the  moonwiggle but it seems like they are pushing me to it.  i give them to the end of the week then im going there.
IP Logged

"if you didnt define yourself for yourself, you'd be crunched into other peoples fantasies of you and be eaten alive" audre lorde
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #6 on: Mar 11th, 2006, 9:45pm »

I hear ya and I am sorry you are in pain!

Good Vibes

Your Brother In Pain

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
rapunzel
New Board Junior
USA 

'sometimes you just need to howl"

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 11th, 2006, 9:57pm »

I am bringing my very stern husband with me to my regular dr appt on Thursday- that way I can get a referral to the neuro.  
If I didnt bring him, my dr would just blow me off some other pain killers. (ten ys ago I really did hear him say the word 'placebo' to the nurse- then assuming I didnt know what it was- and therefore implying that I was an addict.)
It is so frustrating that anyone could wait- can not be made to understand the urgency of the problem with the CH.

The nurse who did my cat scan Thursday took one look at my lovely bloodred puffy eye and asked me if I needed a glass of water. uh- nojustpleasegetoutofmywayihavetogo-

Good luck to you, hope you get some relief soon.

Kim
IP Logged
SIDMOORE
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Mar 11th, 2006, 10:35pm »

MY HUSBAND NOW HAS AN OXYGEN MACHINE IT DOESN'T WORK QUITE AS WELL AS THE TANK BUT AT LEAST WE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEM TO DELIVER.
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 12th, 2006, 11:16am »

The speech thing, slurry, tongue twisters get to me in a cycle.  I know my brain doesn't click sometimes but this just makes me feel like a complete idiot Roll Eyes Wink

Tessa you hang in there Girl and give those nurses gas!
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #10 on: Mar 13th, 2006, 2:44am »

Tessa,

I hope that you'll get some help asap! hug
I've just sent some ((((((((((vibes)))))))))) your way.

Best wishes,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

kayarr
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kayarr2k  
Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 14th, 2006, 12:23am »

I am mad for you Angry

I know it took me three flipping weeks of at least 6 hours a day to get my husband set up with O2 when we moved to another town.  If it hadn't happened he was going to the hospital and hanging out there.  Heck the insurance would have paid for more of the ER than O2 and tanks.  I know we were lucky because I was off work and able to do all the calling and intervening for him while he carried on his life.
Maybe we should start and advocacy program and do just that.  It would take getting written permission to talk to the Dr.s and such but it may workSmiley
IP Logged

Nothing is impossible! Just believe!!!!!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss