Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 5:58am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Frightening experience »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Frightening experience
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Frightening experience  (Read 346 times)
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

Frightening experience
« on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 9:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,

Last night on the chat board, I was talking with a friend, who it turns out is fighting their first bout with CH.  

As many of you know, I am chronic and have been all my life. I do not remember them "starting"  the first time. So the comments made about how frightend they were, about the start of the headaches made me stop and think.  

For those who get these monsters later in life (after age 15) where they had a "normal" life and suddenly get hit, what kind of terror must they go thru? Is it a brain tumor, brain cancer, going insane??? What could this be? Why is it happening? What will happen to me? Will I ever have a Life again? What can I do?

Frightening indeed.  

I did my best to assure them that while the beast is not curable at this time, it may be in the future. I also did my best to stress that they can get thru this. It is not easy, nor plesant, but you can do it!!! You are strong enough, you just don't know it.  
I also stressed that even with chronic CH, one can have a life. I adv that I can work 2 jobs, and one of these jobs has a very tough attendence policy. I have worked here now for eight years, despite the CH. All my co-workers know about my CH and know the signs.  

The only reason for this post was to point out something about how people feel, and how sometimes people like me can take it forgranted. Maybe it can be that will help someone cope better.  

Thanks for reading.

Lance
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2006, 9:15am by Dragnlance » IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Frightening experience
« Reply #1 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 9:52am »

Great post Lance, you forget how scary it was at first. Along the same lines, remind yourself occcasionaly of what your supporters are going thru. Those of us who have been at this for over 25 years can take that poor supporter for granted! Give em a hug and a kiss and a thank you now and then.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:24am »

Well said Guiseppi!

Hope you are feeling better today!

Lance
IP Logged

sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:38am »

Lance,

My father died of brain cancer - it begun with a terrible headache - so you can probably imagine how I felt when ch came into my life! I, unlike my dad, have had HAs all my life, but, naturally, nothing like ch. During the worst attacks I did wonder what it was like for him.

CH came into my life when I was 21. And I thought I was going nuts. You know, pain cannot be this horrible... And now I've been PF nearly 11 months, which is a miracle. I did get hit last month and that hit had its purpose: I'm not afraid of ch's possible comeback. I know what I'm dealing with, I have meds in my cabinet, and supporters right here.  Smiley

I feel for all the newcommers... And by that I mean those who have just got their first visit from the beast. It's terrible especially then when you don't know yet what kind of devil you're dealing with. I go back to January 1, 2003 time to time to remember the day I got my diagnosis. What a relief that was.

Best wishes & PF days,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 5th, 2006, 8:29am »

I got hit later in life (after menapause) and it WAS frightening. Like you said, brain tumor - the UNKNOWN. I was diagnosed within two months (the end of the first cycle), but it was a frightening two months. The next hit about 6 months later was just as frightening even tho I knew what it was. For years, what worked the last cycle, wouldn't work the next and ... well you know the drill on that one. When I went chronic.. that was another experience. Took years to come to acceptance, but after I reached that point, then I learned to live with them and things got better (if CH can get better).  

But I DO sympathize with anyone getting hit the first time. It scares the devil out of you. It's a total life change and it stays...  

One note I'll put in here. I've been on this MB since 98 and I"ve never had a qualm about giving my phone number out to another sufferere - and I've never turned down a collect call in the middle of the night from a sufferer. Only another sufferer can really understand what a CHer is going thru and if someone needs help we should be there for support. I've never forgotten how scared I was when I got the first hit and if I can help someone get thru it without the fear I went thru, I'm available 24/7.  

Sorry, I just get on a soapbox ever now and then...

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss