Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 8:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Clusters with migrain symptoms »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Clusters with migrain symptoms
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Clusters with migrain symptoms  (Read 525 times)
b0x
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Clusters with migrain symptoms
« on: Jun 20th, 2006, 2:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I finally took the time to read through most of the post here.  Again great place.  Through my reading I have learned more in 2 days then the 13 years I have been going to the doctors.  But I have a few Questions that maybe you guys and gals can help me with.

1. The Cycle - I think you are refering to the time length yous get the CH.  Now with me I can get one everyday for a week and then for months not get one at all.  Then I will get maybe 2 a week.   Also sometimes they are a kip 10 and others they are a 2. But I don't have cycles like you guys explain here.  I never know if its going to be really bad or just annoying Is this normal?

2. Migrain like symptoms If my headaches are form a 7 to a 10 I vomit.  This sometimes helps is this normal? Along with that from this site I realize that laying down makes it worse however I found out that if I can get myself a sleep My headache goese away.  (Im not sure if its that by the time I cry myself to sleep the CH is ending or if it is that me going to sleep gets rid of it.)

3.Amount- I have never had more then one CH in a day it confuses me that I have CH when they dont really present themselfs in a cluster.

I finally decided to make a CH Journal to see if I can figure out when I do have cycles and I will keep you posted as to what I find out.  I have also noticed that I go to the emergency room every 3 years it seems every three years I have a kip 10 that I have to go or I will do something stupid.  The last time my girlfriend cought me sticking the eraser part of a pencil in the corrner of my eye.

Please any help on this would be great as my docors have already told me to deal with them there is nothing they can do

*edit*
I forgot.  I have tried imatrex and it makes me very nasty.  almost like I am on an overdoes of roids.  I had used the pill that desolves and about 10 after that I still had a headache,  but I wanted to beat the crap out of everyone i saw.  I am not a violent person,  so I decied not to take that because I would rather deal with the pain the hurt someone for no reason
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2006, 2:46pm by b0x » IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Re: Clusters with migrain symptoms
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20th, 2006, 3:39pm »

Ok Box....

We all get nasty when we get hit -- everyone with any sense knows not to come near me or touch me when my eye swells shut -- and I'm your everyday Granny type normaly.  

We do strange things (like the eraser) like hit our heads against an immovable object like a wall.  

I also have migraines along with chronic CH so sometimes it's hard to tell which is hitting and I take different things for each, so usually wait till I'm Way up on the Kip scale before taking anything.

O2 has been a great help and I live on caffeine (coffee or Red Bull). Never leave home without a couple of cans of Red Bull.  

We all have different triggers. Alcohol seems to be the worst for most (doesn't affect me one way or the other).  

Melatonin at night helps a lot of us (6-12mg).  

You sound like you're having migraines along with CH. Get another doc if they're not doing anything for you. The best defense is a GOOD neuro who will HELP you - not tell you to live with the F*((O(ing things.  

Let us know how you do

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

b0x
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20th, 2006, 3:49pm »

Thanks for you reply.  I made an appoitment with a new neuro I can't get into the 25th of July but I can wait.  My old one washed his hands of me when he found a pituitary tumor.

My girlfriend and I are looking into the o2.  One good thing is I work at a hospital so if I need it at work I got it.  Luckly for my jobs sake,  I usally don't hit untill between 5 and 6.  

Thank you so much for your help.  I had no idea I could get both.  
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2006, 3:50pm by b0x » IP Logged
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20th, 2006, 4:06pm »

Unfortunately, you can have ch and migraine simultaenously.

Read the clusterbuster and kudzu threads.  Hang in there.  

I don't think you can get used to these.  Get through them, but not get used to them.

Hang in there.

Charlotte

IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 9:39am »

Quote:
If my headaches are form a 7 to a 10 I vomit.  This sometimes helps is this normal?
For many years I have used cafergot as an abortive.  It can cause nausea.  Often with a Kip 10 and cafergot I would vomit.  The headache would go away immediately after vomiting.  I decided it was the physical exertion of vomiting that would stop the attack so I started doing vigorous exercise when I felt an attack starting.  The attack would stop within 10 minutes.
Nausea can be a side effect of severe cluster attacks.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
KJ
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 3:50pm »

When I have the worst ch's, I also get sick and throw up. And I LOVE it, because they almost always end in ten minutes or so. Unfortunately it doesn't happen at the beginning of the attack, but only after I've been dancing for awhile. But it's still good, because I know it's over and I can go back to sleep without worry. Good luck Box, hang in there.
IP Logged
b0x
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 4:08pm »

Thats excatly it.  It doesn't happen right away but when it does it doesn't stop till theres nothing left but burning acid (still feels better then the CH tho).   Thanks for all the replies been much helpful
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 6:34pm »

like chemical burn running through  the trigeminal nerve
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss