Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 6:18am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Exhausted.  Confused.  The Devil?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Exhausted.  Confused.  The Devil??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Exhausted.  Confused.  The Devil??  (Read 797 times)
phil098342wq
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Exhausted.  Confused.  The Devil??
« on: Dec 19th, 2007, 5:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have had CH for almost 4 years.  I have recently moved to sunny San Antonio from Colorado.  I have had several small attacks dealing with the move, and the new amount of sun.  Last night I had one that was a three.  Today I am SO EXHAUSTED.  If I would have a doctor I could go see, I would be going in to get checked out, that’s how bad it is.  I slept the whole night through, and an extra four hours today.  Could this be caused by CH?  I know I have had similar problems, but with more symptoms.  Any advice would be great.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2007, 6:00pm by phil098342wq » IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: Exhausted.  Confused.  The Devil??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 6:56pm »

Could you be a little bit more specific in what it is you're asking?

A "3" as you put it, is more of what we call a "Shadow"  and not something that would exhaust us to the point you're talking about.

Are you also asking if sleeping so much is caused by CH?   Hell no...

Have you been diagnosed?  If you can't see a Dr. then I don't know what else to tell you.  You must have a diagnosis, otherwise you're just guessing.

Linda,  who is confused..
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
phil098342wq
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 7:03pm »

no i have been diagnoised.  I just have no other reason for being so exhausted.  I know last night was very minor.  I don't have a doc cause i have only been here less than a week.  All i know is i am not normally this exhausted.  i have been after a major attack, but not a minor one.  could it be a precursor to a massive?  i just am confused myself.
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 7:20pm »

O.k. Phil,   go here and scroll down to Texas:

http://www.ouch-us.org/chgeneral/doctors.htm

It looks like there are 2 of us who have listed THEIR Dr.s there.

Normally sleeping too much will bring on an attack and most of us fear sleep for that reason.  The beast seems to find us when we relax and go into R.E.M. sleep.  You could also have something else going on to cause that.  Maybe moving? depression? change in all that is familiar?

Quote:
could it be a precursor to a massive?

Massive what?  if you're asking if sleeping too much could be a precursor to going into a massive cycle...I have never heard of that.    

Work with me here Phil.   lol    I'd really like to help you.  What have you tied for CH?  Has anything worked in the past...or NOT worked?
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 7:21pm »

Hi Phil. Maybe you're having some issues while you adjust to the lower altitude? The humidity, too?
I dunno, just a thought...  Smiley

pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
phil098342wq
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 8:07pm »

Linda-I have a pretty good handle on the ch.  I use o2, imitrex, tablet and injectable.  I don't think docs can help much more, at least I know my symptoms, and what combo of drugs to use and when to go to the ER or call an ambulance.

I just have never had a massive bout of tiredness.  I am the type of person when something is out of place, I want an answer.  I cannot keep lounging around.
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 9:34pm »

Quote:

I just have never had a massive bout of tiredness.  I am the type of person when something is out of place, I want an answer.  I cannot keep lounging around

I hope you find the answer then.  I'm afraid you're not going to find it here.   Undecided   sorry.   No one here is a doctor...while we have an almost uncanny ability to detect certain CH characteristics...and help with meds and treatments, etc, we certainly cannot help you with anything else.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.

Linda
IP Logged

DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20th, 2007, 8:25am »

Hi Phil,

I don't hear anything that would warrant an ER visit.
Could it just be exhaustion from the move?  It sounds like your life has just been disrupted in a major way.  A little exhaustion sounds like a normal reaction to the overwhelming change.  Find a Dr, make an appointment and let your body adjust to its new environment.  

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20th, 2007, 9:43pm »

on Dec 19th, 2007, 8:07pm, phil098342wq wrote:
Linda-I have a pretty good handle on the ch.  I use o2, imitrex, tablet and injectable.  I don't think docs can help much more, at least I know my symptoms, and what combo of drugs to use and when to go to the ER or call an ambulance.

I just have never had a massive bout of tiredness.  I am the type of person when something is out of place, I want an answer.  I cannot keep lounging around.

Here ya go.Quit lounging around get off your ass and do something.  Energy creates energy.

Potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
Crappy
New Board Junior
USA 

__

« Reply #9 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 1:44am »

Phil,
That happened to me, rather suddenly in January 2006.  It was also after my CH had taken a turn for the worse, but I didn't have a dignisis yet and had had the headaches for 5 years so we figured they were unrelated.  I slept 12-16 hours, had no energy, thought I had mono or something.  My doc ran blood tests for everything imagineable (a good idea if this lasts long), then sent me for a sleep study.  It turns out I had severe sleep apnea.  Sleeping with a CPAP worked wonders, and Bob Johnson posted a study showing a high correlation between ch sufferers and apnea.  However, it could be anything, especially stress, so see your doc.  If it persists though, don't let the doc blow you off.  Be persistent, demand more tests, or ask for a sleep study.  I had topay $800 out of pocket for mine, but it was well worth it.
IP Logged

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence."
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss