Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 7:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Got one at work today »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Got one at work today
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Got one at work today  (Read 485 times)
speedbagger
New Board Newbie
Australia 

So sick of it

Got one at work today
« on: Jan 8th, 2008, 6:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

G'day all,

Hope you're all having pain free times.  

Well, i don't think my colleagues will ever look at me the same way again.  Got an 8(kip) at work today.  Must have sweat a bucket load.  Been weeks without relief.  Getting 2 or 3 a night now as well.  Driving me absolutely nuts.  Even the O2 is having a problem fighting the beast but i think the cafergot drove today's away.  It lasted about 20 minutes which i am so thankful for but it was 20 minutes of hell.  A blessing from it all though is that my workmates now know exactly what we go through.  I can't think of a better way to make people aware than sitting in a chair reeling in pain, sweating like i'm in a 1000 degree sauna and crying my eyes out.  

I have to say though the guys were great with me.  Really leant me support afterwards but i think they were a bit surprised when i came out of my office drenched but otherwise back to my normal happy self.  In fact i think the happiest i ever am in my life is when i've managed to get myself through another one of these things.

Well, just thought i'd have a bit of a whinge and say G'day to all of you guys who understand like no-one else.

I'm always thinking of you, especially when you're going through one.

Look after yourselves,

Speedbagger.
IP Logged

Hey you! I'm really sorry now lift the damn curse please
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Got one at work today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 8th, 2008, 6:38am »

good on ya for your attitude.

Public attacks used to be terrifying and humiliating for me many moons ago.

just like anything else you just have to ride it out and go on with your day.

glad you got support
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 8th, 2008, 8:35am »

Hey Speed,

Sorry you're getting slammed.  Getting hit at work is tough.  I'm a very private person myself and it always bothers me to have people see me at my worst.  It's good they were supportive afterward.

Keep fighting...

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
birdman
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Will try anything once!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 8th, 2008, 8:55am »

Ditto with Dennis.  I hate when I am at work with this beast.  I feel embarassed and tend to hide in the bathroom.  Silly eh?
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 8th, 2008, 10:54am »

And i know what you mean about the "afterglow" of a hit. I never feel as good as right after an attack! It's an incredibly euphoric feeling when the pain stops!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
rocketman3104
New Board Newbie
USA 

Fightin'em off, one at a time

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 10:15am »

Same goes here. I love the feeling when I win a battle. Makes you feel good.  

Hate that your getting hit at work. Sounds like you got some good work mates though. Hope things settle down for you.

IP Logged

Paul
outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

damn......no place to park

« Reply #6 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 6:15pm »

glad that your coworkers were understanding. during my last cycle i was a flooring installer. the guys i worked with were a bunch of pricks. the more attacks i had the less they wanted to work with me. eventually i lost my job and was unemployed for a few months. now i am a truck driver and i don't have as much explaining to do. my dispatcher is a very understanding lady. bless her hart. yes working around other people with our condition is tough and it sounds like you work with some pretty cool people. i am happy for you. hang in there
IP Logged

that which does not kill you will only make you crazy, obsessive, and sleep deprived
Stinger
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Jan 22nd, 2008, 1:59pm »

I feel your pain, bud.  I used to get them at work and actually walk out of important meetings.  I always told my boss ahead of time that this could happen.  He was understanding.  I would walk the parking lot every time I had one.  Even in snow blizzards.  Hang in there.
IP Logged
ronan76
New Board Newbie
Ireland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 9:38am »

great attitude dude.. keep the faith..
IP Logged
kingsiren
New Board Junior

Good Luck and God Bless!!!!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 12:35am »

I know exactly how you feel, I have only exposed my girlfriend and a few close friends to an attack but the same ones who told me to take an aspirin and deal with it never said that again. These are usually the same people who tell me they get migraines too, it isnt that bad. Must...smash.....stupid......oh whatever only you guys truly understand but a little compassion from your loved ones would be nice. Last summer my cycle hit the day I got off a plane in Amsterdam for a bachelor party and by the second day I was full blown, getting 3 or 4 K6-8s a day. My mates couldnt were shocked, then when we flew from Amsterdam to Birmingham I got hit on the plane, full out K-10, drenched in sweat, bright red, tears pouring down my face, droopy eyed, shaking in pain and digging my fingers into the veins in my temple so hard I drew blood. Lasted the whole flight and subsided just as we got to the gate. Half the plane was staring at me like I was a maniac and my friends have been very understanding ever since.  

Last year my sister got her first episode. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, never mind my sis who I adore but it feels good to know that someone that close to me finally gets it. I wish you better days my friend.
IP Logged

I have an ice pick being repeatedly stabbed through my eye, into my brain while 4160 Volts run through it as someone squeezes my eyeball. You get headaches buddy, I get the Beelzebub on Crystal Meth.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss