Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 7:40am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Question  (Read 511 times)
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Question
« on: Jan 10th, 2008, 1:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just brainstorming b/c I notice people lately trying to find common denominators in CHers.  Noone in my family gets CH but me including dozens of cousins.  Sooo,
one thing I can think of that is different about me than my siblings and cousins is that I lived in Florida until age 4 and then moved way up north to Massachusetts.  Others born up north and stayed there.  Didn't start getting them until age 14 but wonder could that have had something to do with it?  Big latitude change there.  Anybody else have history of drastic change in latitudes at either an early age like that or whatever--like maybe the internal clock gets used to one place and then gets confused or something?  Anyway thought it was worth asking although I have no clue if it means anything.
IP Logged
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 2:34pm »

Not me.  I was born in upstate NY and moved to Mass in 1960.  I've never lived anywhere else.

Where in Mass are you?  I'm in Haverhill.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 3:01pm »

Hey Dennis,

I'm in Worcestah... no Worcestah accent though--Didn't realize you were in the same state--that's cool!    
I love brainstorming--seems like CHers are always are looking for common denominators, yet so hard to grab onto one.  Star
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 3:08pm »

We've done oodles of surveys looking for that one common denominator! The only consistent denominator seems to be we all get head aches!!! Definitley one of the many many frustrating things about the whole condition.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
cat1955
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

catrn755  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 6:32pm »

I was chronic living all of my life on the east coast. I lived in NY, NJ and Florida and since moving to Nevada I am episodic.  I went 9 months without a H/A when I first moved here.  The last cycle I had was 2 months ago when I returned from a family visit in Florida.  It lasted about 2 weeks.  

I often wonder if it has anything to do with humidity because there aren't many CH's on the map in the western states with the exception of the coastal states.  I hope that's not the case cause I might have to move back east soon and I am not looking forward to being in pain almost ALL the time.

Carol
IP Logged
imfareware
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

Hello  Everyone!!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 8:43pm »

Hello, born and raised in Buffalo, traveled with the military since 79, went to visit family in Maryland during December 86, had the CH's ever since.  On 3 continents, and about 5 states.

No one else in my family ever had anything like this.
IP Logged

Pain is temporary, Love is Permanent
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 9:21pm »

Carol,

That is interesting (and also awesome) that you went 9mos. PF after moving to Nevada.  Do you feel it was tied with switching locations?  Don't assume the worst if you do end up moving to the East Coast--could be your time being chronic was just over.  My episodes have become more infrequent with time even living here (been episodic for 20 yrs.).  I'm not convinced of any geographical cause or anything like that--just always wonder b/c the genetic link (in many cases--I know not all cases-- like my own) seems so weak or negligible that it seems tempting to try to uncover maybe some environmental or external/internal contributions.  That is awesome to hear you are painfree.  Star
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss