Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 1:42pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Weird Triggers.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Weird Triggers....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Weird Triggers....  (Read 4905 times)
jon019
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

"Ya gotta believe!"

Re: Weird Triggers....
« Reply #50 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 10:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Aspartame.....

Jon
IP Logged

"The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names." (that's cluster headache doc)

Chinese proverb
Superdave
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #51 on: Mar 14th, 2008, 5:09pm »

To me all triggers are weird, this whole cluster headache thing is weird.

Ever since my ch started over 5 years ago it has always been about never getting any rest, never getting  any sleep, and never getting any piece of mind. I’m a chronic ch’er, so my experimentation has never been about ending a cycle, only about avoiding the beast.  

Laying in bed with my head in an elevated position watching TV is how it all begin. At the end of the day time to chill think about my life and what to do tomorrow. Before I fall asleep my brain catches on fire. No doubt to follow, more hits in the night.  

Napping, no way, you think the beast would let me chill out in the middle of the afternoon. Bad move.

Sit on the couch with a friend eat popcorn and watch a movie, no can do.

I work outside in Texas on the gulf coast  it’s  HOT the summertime, and for me miserable. Numerous times I have been in the middle of a 100 degree plus afternoon sweating my ass off wishing I had learned internet technology instead of  the construction business.  Suddenly on the horizon, I see a thunderstorm making it’s way in my direction. Ah.... the sun goes behind the clouds, cool air starts to blow in, Instant relief from the heat. That’s all the f#%$er needs, and left side of my head begins to fry before I can enjoy the fresh cool air.

I race my motorcycle for a hobby, nothing like the ride home with your buddies after a day of racing. It’s a tradition with us, relax, enjoy and share the excitement of the day. No way Jose’ It’s time for a cluster attack from hell, with a 4 hour ride home in the truck, the sun going down in my eyes and no where to hide.

I’ve read this entire thread it seems to me most of the triggers you see have something to do with relaxing. The post started with popcorn, well Libowski where are you eating popcorn? For me it’s usually found in a bowl on the couch in front of the TV trying to relax. Good cheese and beer trying to relax, on an aircraft trying to relax for a long journey. Chocolate has got to be one of the most relaxing foods there are. Some people even eat their meals in a relaxing environment with wine, candles, soft music ect. Perhaps it’s not what we’re eating that’s the trigger. For me, I don’t drink much but when I do It’s more than likely at some big event, lots of people around, activity, dancing, talking, music, girls, never sitting still. If I were to just start drinking beer at home sitting on the couch , I would certainly be in for a bad round with the beast.

In my uneducated but experienced opinion, this thing is about my brain changing gears, slowing down for me, cruising mode. Maybe for others it could be when your brain speeds up, I don’t know. We are the only ones that can put our finger on the problem. I think the answer to this question is in this thread and on this board.

WHAT ARE THE COMMON DENOMINATORS?  Shocked

Superdave Cool

IP Logged

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #52 on: Mar 14th, 2008, 5:31pm »

on Mar 14th, 2008, 5:09pm, Superdave wrote:
most of the triggers you see have something to do with relaxing.

I'm pretty sure Bob G's signature goes something like

"Never relax. Ever."
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss