Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 2:37pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « CH and sleep »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   CH and sleep
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CH and sleep  (Read 499 times)
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

CH and sleep
« on: Feb 26th, 2008, 8:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It's been talked about alot over the years about sleeping at a 45 degree angle to help stave off the beast.  Well, I came across this little beauty today at a new customer of mine at work.  

Zero gravity chair.  Well I sat in it, leaned it all the way back, and although I wouldn't say 100% zero gravity, it was awful comfy.  I could have fallen asleep in it in no time flat.  

Though I'm PF right now it brought to mind sleeping at an angle and that this would be a hella more comfey than propping up in bed or on the couch.  

In addition, it takes the stress off the hips and other joints that propping can cause.

Third thing is that it's cheap.  

Just passing on a comfey find.

She doesn't sell them, but gave me the website.  

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=981071

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: CH and sleep
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26th, 2008, 8:46pm »

it looks like the "device" ali posts on that dudes head.

OR

a lawn chair Cheesy
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

TRe: CH and sleep
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26th, 2008, 8:57pm »

I only put this out as food for thought.   For less than the cost of one state kit?

I thought the same till I laid back in the thing and I thought of the "sleep propped up" .

Just thought it an option...nothing more.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 26th, 2008, 9:03pm »

I would toss a blanket on it, plop my ass in it and cover up with another blanket......I could sleep for hours in that!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 26th, 2008, 9:20pm »

Thats just the point, Jonny.

Fully reclined the head is still at a 45 degree angle, knees are above the heart to help lower BP.  Might be something to think about.

Only put this here as an option.  

A stat dose kit with no insurance is at bottom shelf price $120.00.

If sleeping propped up can prevent just 2 hits a week, the damn thing has paid for itself in less than a week.
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Mountain Biking Keeps Me Sane

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 26th, 2008, 9:21pm »

Angie test drove one of these at her work place and loved it. This one has a canopy! grin2

Cool

Where is the beer/ cup holder?  Shocked Grin
IP Logged

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005,

http://barrysword.blogspot.com

Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 27th, 2008, 4:24am »

Years ago--during some of the early days of this board--we had long discussions about posture and CH. For seveal years, I could trigger an attack by sleeping on my back or sitting in certain chairs which put pressure on the area around my kidneys. The effect was such a rapid onset of an attack that I learned to jump up or change positions at the first sign--effectively aborting the development of an attack.  

Then it stopped afte a few years. One of those wonderful mysteries of CH which keep us ever alert!
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 27th, 2008, 4:56am »

Grin Grin Even with 24mg's of melatonin I still only sleep a combined total of 1.5 hours a day, I would love to try this one to see if it could change my sleep pattern!
  I feel like a sleep freak because of the clusters!
            John
IP Logged
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 27th, 2008, 5:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi,   I am new here.  My name is Mary Ann and the subject you are talking about fascinated me because I didn't realize that  for some it is a common problem.  I thought I was the only one.  
I've noticed that I can be pain free but everytime I lay down I get severe pain in my eye or even temple, brow etc.  I thought it was a postural thing.  So now I gather it is another symptom of cluster headache.  So  am I understanding this correctly this is another symtom of ch??  If so I guess I relieved.....
IP Logged
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 27th, 2008, 7:39am »

on Feb 27th, 2008, 5:27am, beachmusic wrote:
I thought I was the only one.

And that my dear is the beauty of this board.  You are no longer alone.  Cool

Quote:
So  am I understanding this correctly this is another symtom of ch??  If so I guess I relieved.....

I consider this more of a trigger than a symptom.  Just another weird part of this damn thing.

Bob, do you still find relief from night time hits proping yourself up when sleeping?

I've posted this before but I added a 1" board under the head of my bed to raise it up.  It really helped me get some sleep and you hardly notice the incline.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 27th, 2008, 5:30pm »

In Oz we call this a lazy boy recliner & I tried ours out at the peak of my last high cycle & it did help.
When I get some time spare time i'll modify one by removing the legs so that I can lay it on the bed for a little more comfort.

Cheers
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss