Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 11:13pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « verapamil and beer »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   verapamil and beer
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: verapamil and beer  (Read 1103 times)
wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

verapamil and beer
« on: Mar 5th, 2008, 3:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

my girlfreind bumped into an old neighbour the other day who had been diagnosed with ch and given verapamil(dose unknown)which he said stopped it,i know he drinks jd nearly all weekend and puts powder up his nose too.when i read up about verapamil it said avoid alcohol,just wondering how he gets away with it ??
IP Logged
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

Re: verapamil and beer
« Reply #1 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 8:57pm »

I just noticed a warning with my verap prescrip fairly recently that I didnt notice before.  It says taking this medication while drinking alchol will intensify the effects of alcohol.  It aso says something about grape fruit that never was there before.   Anyway,I tend to agree.  In the 8 years I have been taking verap, my alcohol tolerance has decreased.  Not sure if it does any damg to you outside of getting more intoxicated.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 9:07pm »

on Mar 5th, 2008, 3:27pm, wanna_swap_brains wrote:
and puts powder up his nose too.when i read up about verapamil it said avoid alcohol,just wondering how he gets away with it ??

When I was a cocaine dealer (I was my best customer) I never had a HA while I was high.

IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 9:23pm »

He wont get away with it for long. That type of lifestyle will catch up with ya.
thebb Wink
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2008, 9:24pm by thebbz » IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
schlags
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 8th, 2008, 6:49pm »

I can say this...for me after about a beer and a half, I'm pretty loose from the verapimil.  but not necessarily the good loose, sorta wobbly loose, drunker than I should be.  

Also, when in vegas last time, ordered a red bull instead of a beer since I was on cycle.  the bartender said they didn't have red bull, how about a (can't remember the name).  After I downed it, maybe 10 minutes or so later, felt a sort of wave come over me, then sorta felt drunk even though I hadn't had a beer in months.  Turns out one of the main ingredients in the energy drink is grapefruit juice.  

So I'm the guy they're talking about for the warnings about alcohol and/or grapefruit juice!!  (And I sure do miss my ruby red grapefruit juice with popcorn!!)
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss