Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 1:16pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sexual arousal after CH attacks »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sexual arousal after CH attacks
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sexual arousal after CH attacks  (Read 1622 times)
kaj_ducker
New Board Newbie
Norway 

Sexual arousal after CH attacks
« on: Mar 9th, 2008, 6:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I dont know if this has been discussed before here, but I seem to get abnormaly sexually aroused after a CH attack. Im thinking mabee it has to do with the hypotalamus thing, or perhaps the relief of being rid of the pain, or maybe all the coffee and desperation builds up a need for sexual relief? Strange thing... Does anyone else have the same experience?
IP Logged
beachmusic

Email

Re: Sexual arousal after CH attacks
« Reply #1 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 6:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

That would be a definite NO for me.  I am so completely worn out (as if I just gave birth to triplets without anethesia) sex is the farthest thing from my mind.  Utter collapse is the only thing I can think of.  
But hey I am happy for you and your lucky partner.   Cry Cry Cry Cry    I Want to be normal again!!!!!
IP Logged
kaj_ducker
New Board Newbie
Norway 

« Reply #2 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 6:44am »

of course after a really bad attack i have it the same way, but when its a survivable attack like one hour, or if i stop it in its tracks with coffee and water, i feel like im on cocaine at the peak of puberty. Maybe its a male thing? i guess i can be happy that it has some sort of benefit Grin Tongue
IP Logged
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 7:05am »

My guess is that it may have something to do with Dopamine level. Dopamine is found to be higher during an attack. Dopamine is known to be the happy chemical. When a person falls in love, Dopamine is sky high.

Then again maybe, it has something to do with the blood rushing away from the head to the southern department ?  Wink

Didnt see that happening with my husband though. After a round with the beast he was often left bruised and buggered and all he wanted to do was smoke  Tongue
IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 7:16am »

it has happened to me as well, even after full blown attack, i know im too tired at that time to actullay have sex, and it is the last thing on my mind but the blood is defintely flowing, i never understood it. coach bill
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
Lebowski
New Board Newbie
USA 

The Dude Abides!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 9:38am »

I definitely feel like an incredible weight has been lifted off of my shoulders after an attack. Feel so good, such a relief.
IP Logged
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #6 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 11:57am »

Uh, NO...my hubby knows to steer clear when I'm done with a cluster.  All I want is sleep.

Langa
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #7 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 1:03pm »

Nope, definately not.
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 1:29pm »

After a CH, I need some time to recover from the after effects before being interested.

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

« Reply #9 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 1:43pm »

definite no for me.  In fact, I have had little desire this cycle at all.  Could be all the meds, a bit of depression, and exhaustion.  But absolutley not
IP Logged
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 2:01pm »

atleast there are a few out there that make me feel not quite so different.  We shall be normal again one day!!!!
IP Logged
Batch
New Board Old Timer
USA 

FOX 2 - Check 6

Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 3:34pm »

Kaj,

That's one helluva way to get ready for some nookie...   I agree with the good Dr. Do, the pain of a cluster headache attack can trigger the brain to release a flood of endorphins and dopamine for some folks.  It's the same thing in sports medicine known as the "runner's high."

My only question is why do you consider an attack that lasts 1 hour survivable...  I'm chronic and haven't had an attack that lasted that long in nearly 4 years since I started using oxygen therapy...  You sould be knocking down a Kip-6 attack with oxygen therapy at 15 liters/minute in 10 minutes or much less...

V/R, Batch
IP Logged

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, not any before nor after, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. Man has one virginity to lose in fighters, and if it is a lovely airplane he loses it to, there is where his heart will forever be.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 3:47pm »

LMAO!!! grin2
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #13 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 4:21pm »

Know just what you mean, Kaj, and even tried it on a few times but just the suggestion always seemed to give her a headache.

Perhaps I'm contagious.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 6:11pm »

on Mar 9th, 2008, 3:34pm, Batch wrote:
Kaj,

My only question is why do you consider an attack that lasts 1 hour survivable...  I'm chronic and haven't had an attack that lasted that long in nearly 4 years since I started using oxygen therapy...  You sould be knocking down a Kip-6 attack with oxygen therapy at 15 liters/minute in 10 minutes or much less...

V/R, Batch

I agree before I started the o2 & had battled the beast for an hour the last thing I wanted was sex cos I was already F@#!d
Barry Wink
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #15 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 8:46pm »

on Mar 9th, 2008, 6:11pm, Barry_T_Coles wrote:
... the last thing I wanted was sex cos I was already F@#!d

Not just the old eyelid that's droopy, eh, Baz?
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
kaj_ducker
New Board Newbie
Norway 

« Reply #16 on: Mar 10th, 2008, 1:02am »

on Mar 9th, 2008, 3:34pm, Batch wrote:
Kaj,

V/R, Batch

Well when i have an attack for one hour(including the before and after states) and it actually is over when its over, the pleasure of the relief is just so great in comparison. So i would say they are survivable. But sometimes it just slides slowly away so i dont get that feeling, and im left with a lighter,but still painful after-pain. then im just angry at the world the rest of the day, and no one needs to be exposed to my depressing company, not even in bedWink

As for the O2, i use it, and sometimes it works, but not allways. And i sometimes get the feeling im just postponing the attack with the O2, so i often try the coffee and water techniqe first. When i stop them that way i seem to have a days buffer before the next round of hell.. Luckily im episodic, cant imagine how it be having chronic. If I ever spoke to god, i'd ask him t ocure this message-board, its the devils work the CH, should be called devils headache. (i actually sometimes see demon-like faces during attacks when i close my eyes, scary shit)
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2008, 1:03am by kaj_ducker » IP Logged
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #17 on: Mar 10th, 2008, 1:33am »

on Mar 10th, 2008, 1:02am, kaj_ducker wrote:

(i actually sometimes see demon-like faces during attacks when i close my eyes, scary shit)

Sorry to hear its such a scary event for you. Sounds like you may have high anxiety related to attacks. Excess anxiety can make CH worse both by increasing the level of the hits as well as reducing the level of coping ability.

You might like to try some relaxation techniques, deep breathing, meditation, yoga ... while painfree to get the mind to relax and be less anxious when it hits.

Try to focus your attention on something else. My husband was taught by the psychologist from the pain team to develop a routine during a hit. He would try to pace the room in a certain way, counting his steps, or he would sit and rock and count the number of breaths .... anything to take the focus away from the pain and the panicking feeling. It doesnt stop the pain but it makes coping easier and it makes the time seems shorter.

Good luck and painfree wishes to you.

IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #18 on: Mar 10th, 2008, 6:16am »

No, not me.  But it has come up in medical literature before:

Quote:
Biochemistry of neuromodulation in primary headaches: focus on anomalies of tyrosine metabolism.
D'Andrea G, Nordera GP, Perini F, Allais G, Granella F.  
Headache Center, Neurology Clinic "Villa Margherita", Via Costacolonna 6, I-36057, Arcugnano, Italy.  

Recent studies have suggested that abnormalities of dopamine and trace amines (tyramine, octopamine, and synephrine), products of tyrosine metabolism, may constitute the metabolic events that predispose to the occurrence of cluster headache (CH) and migraine attacks. This hypothesis is supported by the following evidences: the discovery of trace amine associated receptors (TAARs), expressed on the olfactory epithelium, amigdala, hypothalamus, periacqueductal gray, and the biochemical anomalies of dopamine and trace amines. The possible effects of these biochemical abnormalities on TAARs and dopamine receptors, located in different areas of CNS, may explain the behaviour (restlessness, anxiety and, at times, hypersexuality) and the autonomic signs during the painful attacks of CH, and the premonitory symptoms of migraine crisis (thirst, craving, yawning, alteration of smell, depression etc.).

-Lee
IP Logged
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #19 on: Mar 10th, 2008, 6:29am »

I have seen the devils face too
IP Logged
outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

damn......no place to park

« Reply #20 on: Mar 10th, 2008, 11:40pm »

on Mar 9th, 2008, 6:21am, kaj_ducker wrote:
I dont know if this has been discussed before here, but I seem to get abnormaly sexually aroused after a CH attack. Im thinking mabee it has to do with the hypotalamus thing, or perhaps the relief of being rid of the pain, or maybe all the coffee and desperation builds up a need for sexual relief? Strange thing... Does anyone else have the same experience?

my wife walked in on me crankin one out one time. she said "i thought you had a headache! you just came in here to to crank one out instead of changing a diaper. what an @sshole!" and then she slammed the door. i didn't even try to explain. i really did have a ch.  but yea that and a cigarette after an attack.
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2008, 11:43pm by outofcommission » IP Logged

that which does not kill you will only make you crazy, obsessive, and sleep deprived
slacker032
New Board Junior

Email

« Reply #21 on: Mar 28th, 2008, 7:43am »

Strangely, I've found that either having sex or rubbing one out can sometimes abort a hit if I catch it right at the onset.
IP Logged

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. - Bob Marley
superhawk2300
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #22 on: Mar 28th, 2008, 1:14pm »

To quote Bob Segar "Are you a woman or a man?"

And are you aborting your hits with O2 or hyperventalating during your attack?

I often get serious wood after an attack but only since aborting them with 02. I have heard of this here before and there was another thread on it somewhere.

Also sex has triggered a CH attack for me once, and it was the worst hti I've taken in a while.
IP Logged
Mybelle
New Board Junior
USA 

Cluster what?

« Reply #23 on: Mar 28th, 2008, 4:04pm »

After a hit my husband asked about a little afternoon delight and I was too upset!!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss