Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 5:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « So tired »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   So tired
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: So tired  (Read 2040 times)
badfly
New Board Veteran
New_Zealand 

No matter where you are, thats where you're at!

Email

So tired
« on: Mar 13th, 2008, 6:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Each year my cycle gets longer. When I first got Ch over 12 years ago, the bout would last a mere 3 weeks to a month. But over the years each bout has been longer then the previous one. I am now beginning the 6th month of current cycle, but this one seems different. The attacks dont seem to be ending properly. They came on fast and progress past kip 7, but when they subside, I am left with a painful headache that seems to be migrain like. This rapdly becomes CH if I lie down, or seems to be triggered by excersize or food (not sure what in the food). Latly (past 2 weeks) my scalp seems to have become sensitive. Its painful (not very) to run my hand through my hair. Could this headache be a result of sleep deprevation ? Is this just a new and nasty shadow ? Could it be a CH that lasts longer that is not to high on the Kip scale ? Not sure what answers I can get ? Not sure if there is anything to do, I'm just so tired ...
IP Logged

for (int i=0;i<infinity;i++)
{Shout("Get this BEAST off my back !!!");}
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Mountain Biking Keeps Me Sane

WWW Email

Re: So tired
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 6:40am »

Sorry you are going through a tough bout with the beast, hang in there. What you described is what I call "cluster hangover" meaning after the attack I cannot touch my hair and my head feels like I was in a boxing match, with no energy to do anything.

I do not know if you have o2 or not, but since I got mine and if I catch it at the first sign of an oncoming attack I can avoid the "hangover" feeling.  

After using o2 to abort the hit I can most times resume doing whatever I was doing prior to the oncoming hit. But if I miss my window using the o2 I am there for the ride and as we all know have that drained, beaten up feeling.

I hope you find something that helps, each cycle for me is changing, maybe as we get older has something to do with it, I just do not know.

Barry
IP Logged

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005,

http://barrysword.blogspot.com

debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

..i think to myself, it's a wonderful world..

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 7:56am »

OH, i hear u loud & clear on the painful scalp.even my hair hurts!!! ( i wear a hat every day when i can!!)when the water runs on my head in the shower, it hurts................since i am new at this,(1ST ATTACK, 43 DAYS & COUNTING) i dont really know, but from reading all on this site, seems to be the norm...........i have been having 2-3 biggies during the night, averaging 3.5 hrs sleep, the past 4 days, only on pred, which seems not to be working...........waiting for scan results.........i also seem to have headache most of day, due to lack of sleep, cryin, pred , ??who knows!!! i feel for you in the "tired" area, and i am sending you a big hug.................. hug INSPIRATION for the day.................(todays page on THE SECRET calandar)........" WHATSOEVER YE SHALL ASK IN PRAYER, BELIEVING, YE SHALL RECEIVE"..........................sending out to everyone for PF days, sleep filled nights, understanding for those not affected, etc,etc...........................  winkkiss
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 8:29am »

on Mar 13th, 2008, 6:40am, barry_sword wrote:
What you described is what I call "cluster hangover"

Thanks for that, Barry.  I've a few other words for it, too, but NetNanny keeps kicking in.  Someone else, and I wish I could remember who, recently called it 'after-burn'.

Don't laugh, Badfly, but when this happens to me (often) I whack down two Panadols and a serious cup of serious coffee and it seems to ease the bruising.  I also learned the hard way that if two don't work, neither will four, six or eight.

There's also Panadiene Forte, while your tummy can handle the codiene, and again I've found that washing it down with serious coffee means you can use much smaller quantities than recommended and get better (and faster) results.

As to your tiredness, we comisserate completely.  I wouldn't be sitting here typing now if I wasn't so scared of sleep.    

Go the Wallabies  because the All Blacks wear ladies knickers,

Brian over the ditch.

IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
badfly
New Board Veteran
New_Zealand 

No matter where you are, thats where you're at!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15th, 2008, 5:05am »

[Yawn] Thanks for the words of encouragement. There are always such supportive people about on this site, it really is a godsend.  

PS: The All Blacks rule and everyone knows it.
IP Logged

for (int i=0;i<infinity;i++)
{Shout("Get this BEAST off my back !!!");}
andrewjb
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

when the love of power becomes the power of love !

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 15th, 2008, 3:21pm »

on Mar 15th, 2008, 5:05am, badfly wrote:

PS: The All Blacks rule and everyone knows it.

not in 2007 ,  Wink,  http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/fixtures/round=104/match=10120/analysi s.html#springboks+struggle+describe+elation  <andrew.
IP Logged
Braindead
New Board Newbie
USA 

No clue No cure

« Reply #6 on: Mar 18th, 2008, 11:15pm »

I always have some sort of head pain, migraine, cluster whatever i'm just a head pain kinda guy. They morph into all kinds of stuff for me.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2008, 11:15pm by Braindead » IP Logged
outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

damn......no place to park

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 11:19pm »

badfly you mentioned foods. chocolate, nitrates,(hot dogs) and beer are surefire triggers for me.
IP Logged

that which does not kill you will only make you crazy, obsessive, and sleep deprived
superhawk2300
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 21st, 2008, 9:33am »

Sorry you are so tired. This may be the hardest part for me as well. The actaul hits can be aborted and the ordeal only lasts a short time compared to how long my ass drags on the ground like I just ran a marathon.

I just abuse energy drinks, drink lots of water and take multi-vitamin and minerals. I think the minerals help the most, esp magnesium as most americans are deficnant in these anyways and they are what gets you moving on a cellular level.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss