Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 11:01pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « How do you know when it's over? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   How do you know when it's over?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How do you know when it's over?  (Read 410 times)
Mybelle
New Board Junior
USA 

Cluster what?

How do you know when it's over?
« on: Mar 21st, 2008, 6:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

do the headaches get milder? do shadows come and are not precursors to headaches? last week we had a shadow that became a doozy and today no headache, but shadows only and able to sleep through the night with melatonin and awaken with shadows only and can go right back to sleep......or is it wishful thinking?  Embarassed
IP Logged
Mybelle
New Board Junior
USA 

Cluster what?

Re: How do you know when it's over?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21st, 2008, 8:31pm »

I guess no one wants to venture a guess....or no one has experienced the end like that! Meanwhile hubby has the pain and I'm taking Valium - just short term until I go to the doctor for my checkup for my HBP meds. Embarassed
IP Logged
mezza
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21st, 2008, 8:42pm »

I am not sure either-  I just try to hold out hope that it if it gets worse it has to get better.  I typically get one hit a night about an hour or 2 after I fall asleep.  I am episodic ( had 2 previous cycles in the past, 5 years ago and prior to that 6 years ago)  I was always able to stop cycle the day i would start a medrol pack.

This time not so good.  It has been 3 weeks now, started on a preventative 3 days ago and new steroid taper.

What I have noticed is that this week 1 day i got hit two times in one day and another day yesterday I got hit 4 times with strong shadows. The other days i hit during middle of night aborted with imitrex

Today-  no hits , no shadows and I was even able to take a 4 hour nap today with no hits and shadows upon waking up.   So we'll see tonight when i go to bed whether i get my usual night time hit.

Meds taking:
cardizem  240 mg
medrol pack ( just started) ( had been on other pred taper )
magnesium 250 mg 2x day
imitrex nasal to abort ( but have pills and needle too)
have script for O2- not delivered yet

Tried melatonin this week 3, 6 and 9mg-  strong shadows with it and still woke up with ch that needed aborting- so trying the past 2 days without it and at least i perceive i feel better - who knows though?

Tried melatonin and benedryl together- saa

I do the red bull thing and strong black coffee when having the attack too

Hope this helps-  hang in there
IP Logged
Mybelle
New Board Junior
USA 

Cluster what?

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21st, 2008, 9:14pm »

sorry melatonin isn't working for you - it is working for my hubby - 3 mgs. and he wakes every other night with a shadow but can go right back to sleep......I hope this ends soon - my nerves are fried - he hasn't been to a doctor for a script for 02 yet - I'm trying to convince him - we will try red bull and amp tho...thanks for your input - much appreciated Cheesy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss