Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 11:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I just shut down?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   I just shut down??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I just shut down??  (Read 561 times)
HeadhurtinMama
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I'll be just peachy when it quits hurting!

Email

I just shut down??
« on: Mar 25th, 2008, 7:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yesterday evening, I got hit when home with the kids.  I remember sitting down on the couch to see if this was going to be a quick one, and rocking back and forth.  Then, it was like I the pain just shut me down, like I was lost in it.  The thought to get my trex or o2 just didn't come to me.  Travis came home to find me, still rocking on the couch, made sure I hadn't taken any trex and gave me a shot in the ass.  My 5 year old made himself and his brother some hotdogs for dinner during my 'absence', somehow that kid has always been my best supporter!  Seems like spring is starting off with a bang, despite all my meds...   Sad
IP Logged

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are
Wake me up when September ends
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

Re: I just shut down??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25th, 2008, 10:17pm »

I sometimes wonder if the meds do anything at all.  Your 5 year old sounds awesome.  Kids are the best.  My son will be three.  He is always asking me if my head hurts and kisses me on the head and asks if its all better now.  The down side is when he tries to wrestle with me while I'm sucking down the o2.  The kids can keep us strong through this.  Hope its just a quick cycle for you and you'll be back to your normal  self.
IP Logged
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 26th, 2008, 11:21am »

That's a scary situation.  Great that your 5 y/o is that resourceful.  Kids are much more sensitive to what is going on around them than we give them credit for.

I've been lost in the pain at times but that was before I was diagnosed, found this site and had weapons to fight with.  Since then I jump on the O2 at the first sign no matter what I'm doing at the time.  

But I can still see how it happens.  Maybe it won't be that bad ... and before you know it ... Kip10!

I hope your cycle is a short one...

((((HUGS))))

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26th, 2008, 11:40am »

on Mar 25th, 2008, 7:50pm, HeadhurtinMama wrote:

Then, it was like I the pain just shut me down, like I was lost in it.  (

Thats how it is for me every time. Nothing else exists around me only the immediacy of the pain.  
At level 10 pain its the only way to survive. Its a strange feeling when you return to the world around you.
IP Logged

MJ
HeadhurtinMama
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I'll be just peachy when it quits hurting!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26th, 2008, 12:05pm »

Yes, it was very scary realizing that my kids could have just been out playing in the street.  Thankfully, we've done a bit better job raising them.  And as I am chronic, this just means I am always medicated to keep the beast at bay, but spring and fall I ramp into hi gear and the preventatives just knock them down to a bearable level.
IP Logged

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are
Wake me up when September ends
superhawk2300
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27th, 2008, 6:39am »

Sorry to hear you are having a harder time than normal.

Keep your eye on the future when you will be back to normal.

PF for you!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss