Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:38pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Intimacy Question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Intimacy Question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Intimacy Question  (Read 3767 times)
DragonSlayer
New Board Veteran
USA 

That pain is only 1/2 as bad as you think it is!!!

Email

Re: Intimacy Question
« Reply #50 on: Mar 31st, 2008, 2:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It is good to hear the O2 is helping you!!

Just a reminder; I hope you discussed stopping the pills wth your Dr.

When you get your treatment plan sorted out you should be able
to get back to your "normal" self.  These things can be a real drain on
anybody.  The pain, lack of sleep, side effects from meds, and the
depression we all slip into during the battle with this beast.

Please remember to live between the attacks, enjoy every pf moment,  
glad you are starting to feel better.
IP Logged

Mr. Spock tried Vulcan mind meld during one of my K10 hits. You saw how he reacted on TV... then the movie "he's dead Jim"... But he came back....
KatzPurr
New Board Newbie
USA 

10+ OUCH!

16090505 16090505     KatzPurr2

« Reply #51 on: Mar 31st, 2008, 3:13pm »

My goodness Kitty, I concur with Annette. I cannot even imagine keeping the house together the way you have during a ch cycle. I was literally in bed for days when my ch peaked and I have only just been able to start getting back into life again after my bout, which lasted about 2 months. I had to stop playing tennis and pretty much was a recluse in my home for weeks. I do understand you not wanting those you love to see you in pain, but I find it is ultimately inevitable when the hits are coming fast and hard. Of course, I have been dealing with this beast for 32 years, so my husband knows what to expect and I'm thankful that I don't have to try to be supermom, superwife, superfriend etc. because frankly, I wouldn't be able to cope.

I'm so happy to hear that you are doing better though and I hope that your family and friends will give you the support you need. Please feel free to contact me anytime if you just need to vent or are having a rough time. We have all been there and we care!
IP Logged

KatzPurr's Purrrrrrr Palace
http://www.myspace.com/jlabax
Ungweliante
New Board Newbie
Finland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #52 on: Mar 31st, 2008, 6:31pm »

No offense to any of the guys on the board, but men can sometimes be slow at understanding emotional things. I say emotional things here because your problem isn't just cluster headache - it's also how they are affecting you.

We've also had the sex talk with my bf. It took him months to really start to understand this, but I think the first couple of months he also needed to come to terms with this. It's really not easy to see one's gf/wife in a lot of pain.

Also, to get back to the emotional stuff, for a lot of guys sex is a very physical thing. Then again for us, it's an emotional thing. My bf couldn't understand for the longest time how my emotional state can affect the desire for sex - for him, it's basically always "go!".

A couple of nights ago I explained to him that on top of me being in a lot of pain, I'm also very exhausted after the constant attacks. Plus also I'm worried about the next attack coming, so I can't enjoy the painfree time between them. When they hurt so much, it's very difficult not to worry about them. And when I'm worried about being in pain soon, I don't feel very sexual. Sexuality comes from feeling safe, comfortable, that your bf/husband understands you, the feeling that you're meant to be together. He seemed to be able to understand that, at least in some way.

I hope you'll be able to have good discussions with your husband. After all, you have kids and are married. Just don't forget that even if you're in pain, he is probably in pain as well, just differently. And guys often have a very difficult time showing or expressing their feelings or thoughts concerning their feelings.

I wish you all the best. Hopefully things will sort out.

Best wishes,
Rosa
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2008, 6:33pm by Ungweliante » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss