Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 10:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 6 hits in one night »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   6 hits in one night
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 6 hits in one night  (Read 497 times)
MR_JESTER
New Board Newbie
USA 

Dance with the devil!

Email

6 hits in one night
« on: Mar 27th, 2008, 2:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was awakend by the beast 6 times last night.
02 seemed to stop the attacks, but I am exhausted today.  Had to call in to work for the second time in 2 weeks. Thank god for FMLA.
I will be calling my Neuro today. He has me on a cocktail of Verapamil and Depakote. It's not happening for me.
The shadow this morning is  a B****!!

Bill
IP Logged

Make it idiot proof..
and someone will make
a better idiot!
precipitate
New Board Newbie
USA 

Re: 6 hits in one night
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27th, 2008, 2:36pm »

Sorry to hear it  Sad. I was awoken the other morning at 5:50 by the beast, whose shadow stuck with me that morning causing me to skip class.  

Most of my attacks are in the morning/ very early afternoon, so I hate it even more when they wake me up from sleep at night. Then again, naps during the afternoon do trigger them often...
IP Logged
KaiB
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27th, 2008, 2:37pm »

Man, I'm so sorry.

I went thru about two weeks of 5 to 6 regularly scheduled hits a night this time - right about mid-cycle.  I finally got to the point where I didn't care, cause it felt so damn good when they went away and I could go back to sleep (or course to be reawakened).

Agree - the pin-head feeling of no sleep is tough.  Hang tight, It'll go away.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 27th, 2008, 2:53pm »

That blows. Keep fightin.  
all the best
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27th, 2008, 3:02pm »

Hey your not alone.  i never had six wake form 1 night of sleep but have had that many over a 12 hour period. Try giving benadry a shot.  That might help the night time attacks.
IP Logged
jon019
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

"Ya gotta believe!"

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27th, 2008, 11:50pm »

Hi Bill,

For me, what works is to hit the O2 immediately upon awakening (every hour, 6-8 per night when in high cycle). Seems to work best for me for these hits. Through practice, over many years, I learned to avoid becoming fully conscious. No more thrashing, panic, rage, adrenaline. (It surely wasn't working and I missed my share of work too).

I guess you could call it a mind game. I convinced myself to appreciate that, (after each abort), Now I GET 1 more hour of sleep, rather than focusing on what I had lost.
Found that I wake in the morning ALMOST fully rested.

If this sounds like a tribute to oxygen, well, it is. If O2 doesn't work for you, then consider how you react to the hits, it can make a BIG difference. And yeah, I know,  
that is SO easy to say, but it IS a clusterhead saying it, so please consider...

Regards,

Jon
IP Logged

"The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names." (that's cluster headache doc)

Chinese proverb
Kitty1973
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 28th, 2008, 1:27am »

Wow

I totally understand how rotten that is.  I have been having 5-8 hits every day, and most of them are in the night, between the hours of 9:00pm and 6:00am.  I almost always wake up with a doozy that lasts for hours.  I hate the morning shadow too.

I hope your Neuro can give you something that helps.

Best Wishes  
Kitty1973
IP Logged
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Mar 28th, 2008, 2:01pm »

Mr. Jester,

That sucks, and I have been there, and that is when I started taking benadryl before bed--it might help you-- that stuff sometimes knocks you out and could reduce the number of hits to I am guessing 2 or 3 instead of 6 (at least until your cycle stops peaking which it probably is I am guessing).  Let us know how things go...good luck, Star
IP Logged
KatzPurr
New Board Newbie
USA 

10+ OUCH!

16090505 16090505     KatzPurr2

« Reply #8 on: Mar 28th, 2008, 4:11pm »

I'm so sorry to hear you've been getting hit so hard and often. Hang in there and as some others have suggested try Benadryl or Melatonin, which may help reduce the night time hits. Praying for some PF time for you real soon!
IP Logged

KatzPurr's Purrrrrrr Palace
http://www.myspace.com/jlabax
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss